Benitez backs sent-off Mascherano

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 661

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez supports midfielder Javier Mascherano after his sending-off during the 3-0 defeat at Manchester United.

More...

The media will be the downfall of our passionate game. If everyone didn't kick up such a fuss about one one bad tackle and little referee confrontations, red cards would not be getting produced in stupid circumstances.

What exactly happened. The pub i watched the match in had music playing so we couldn't hear the **** match :@

What exactly happened. The pub i watched the match in had music playing so we couldn't hear the **** match :@

Mascherano raced 50 yards to argue with the ref, Steve Bennett (the ref) told him to shut up or he would be booked he was too stupid to take the hint and carried on mouthing even his own players were telling him to shut it so he got a yellow which was his second so he was off. But he would not go and kept arguing I think he should be banned for the rest of the season. Whether or not he should have been sent off his beside the point but he should accept the decision with dignity and grace, he failed to do so.

Neh i think you got it a bit wrong rpashley.

Mascherano ran about 10/20 yards to the ref after Torres got yellow carded for being fouled many times. Masc ran over and repeatedly said "what's happening?" and then got booked for a second time. Then took a while to go down the tunnel, true.

He had been asking for the second booking since his first like.

Bennett on his high horse.

Mascherano and he are tossers.

Last edited:
Neh i think you got it a bit wrong rpashley.

Mascherano ran about 10/20 yards to the ref after Torres got yellow carded for being fouled many times. Masc ran over and repeatedly said "what's happening?" and then got booked for a second time. Then took a while to go down the tunnel, true.

He had been asking for the second booking since his first like.

Bennett on his high horse.

Mascherano and he are tossers.

Have to agree with you i don't see why Bennet cant just tell him why Torres was booked Masch was asking for it but at the same time Bennet was at fault for riling him up and being a ****

Though it has to be said that Masch was telling the ref to "**** off" numerous times to Bennet after getting what i thought was unfairly cautioned for an earlier challenge and in the current climate (i.e. cashley '********' cole) he did a stupid thing by hassling the ref.

i dont see it as hasseling. why the **** cant ref's just communicate with players?

there has been moans about how ref's are unfairly treated but when they act like Bennett did then no ****** wonder

Mascherano raced 50 yards to argue with the ref, Steve Bennett (the ref) told him to shut up or he would be booked he was too stupid to take the hint and carried on mouthing even his own players were telling him to shut it so he got a yellow which was his second so he was off. But he would not go and kept arguing I think he should be banned for the rest of the season. Whether or not he should have been sent off his beside the point but he should accept the decision with dignity and grace, he failed to do so.

Mascherano ran 20 yards. Nowhere near 50. Asked the referee why he booked torres, which he shouldn't have even been booked in the first place, so the referee sent mascherano off.

I agree with Kris's last statement, if the referees communicated with the players, there would be less of this kind of thing.

He was not sent off for that part only it was the number of times he hassled the ref, it showed you on replays everytime something happened mashc was in his face, what does it have to do with him that torres was booked? Should it or should it not be the captains job to speak to the referee about decisions? He has no right keep hounding the ref and trying to persuade decisions to go his way. Fair play to the ref deserved to be sent off and i would like to see an extra game ban for the disgraceful way he failed to leave the pitch.

I would love to see him get an extra game ban as some small compensation for his hand (no pun intended) in Aliadiere's sending off and subsequent 4 match ban.

i dont see it as hasseling. why the **** cant ref's just communicate with players?

there has been moans about how ref's are unfairly treated but when they act like Bennett did then no ****** wonder

Bennett is **** anyway. But Mascherano was telling him to **** off after every decision he made. The torres thing was the final straw.

Back