Benitez defends Torres withdrawal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez defends substituting striker Fernando Torres in their 3-1 defeat by Fulham.

More...

how long can he survive in a job, that is too big for him, he should be sacked on monday morning if no then, if liverpool lost to lyon he should be well and truly gone by wednesday evening. he is a failure

lol, his decision to sub torres and benayoun, along with the axeing of agger and skrtel and the addition of the greek guy (cant spell, sorry), certainly gave me a shock

well he said he was resting torres for a bigger game, but i dont really think that liverpool should prioritise the champions league over the premiership, having said that, he also explained that torres wasn't very fit.

but did you see Torres when he got subbed, he looked gobsmaked, I think Benetiz has lost it

this guy has to go, fulham are a good team but liverpool should not be losing 3 1 and allowing the likes of bobby zamora to exploit them, no offense

there is no point in getting rid of him mid season, who else is available to take over now, there is no benefit in getting shut now, Liverpool would just pay a **** load of compensation and be without a manager.
Not Forgetting Rafa has his own backroom team, they will all leave with him requiring more compensation to pay off there contracts.
We are talking about a club deeply in debt.

yeah your right, i like fulham, they are my second favourite team, they play good football and have a squad of average players that play well together, not a team of stars

Well, as a Hull City supported, I can definatly tell you that fulam are a good team, we lost 2-0 and we dident get a shot off.

But Liverpool shouldent be losing to them, if they dont sack Benitez there in big trouble. With the likes of teams, Aston Villa, Totenham and Manchester City looking to get into the top 4, they have to be carefull.

If the reasults of the season continue now I think that liverpool can hope for a 7th finish

lol, his decision to sub torres and benayoun, along with the axeing of agger and skrtel and the addition of the greek guy (cant spell, sorry), certainly gave me a shock

Decision to sub Torres off was perfectly reasonable... I'm surprised he even started. Benayoun though was a bit of a strange one but like I said in another thread you'll never know what sort of impact Ecclestone would of made because the red cards happened straight after the substitution.

Agger & Skrtel were both unavailable. Aswell as Aurellio, Johnson, Gerrard, Aquilani, and Riera.

I can understand the withdrawl. Every time something happens with Liverpool people are just repeating the same comments over and over again.

Fulham also had Murphy, Johnson, Davies injured before anyone blames defeat on injury

Nop, I'll stick to blaming the ref thanks Jack. ^^)

lets be honest everton have got so many injuries this season, around 11 first team players out... so i cant see how liverpool can blame it on injuries

No one is blaming injuries. Some idiot commented about why Rafa didn't play Skrtel/Agger so I was pointing out why they weren't selected. Jesus people, learn to ******* read.

yep, indeed, no one blamed the injuries, just explaining why skrtel and agger didnt play.

Its perfectly normal what rafa did with fernando, if the golden boy's not fit, lets not spoil him completely. btw thehig's right, sacking him atm would be the dumbest move ever, do not forget liverpool's financial status

Yeah Lee, sending off were debatable but Carragher was half rugby tackling Zamora until he got to the ball, not sure about the Degen one but probably a yellow, Rafa messed up for me on this one

Was a pretty negative move but i guess pretty reasonable. If they win against lyon with torres fully fit i think it would justify his decision.

I think carragher deserved his red he might have got te ball but before that he was climbing all over zamora.<)

Back