Benitez fumes at disallowed goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 596

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says his side were denied three points by a controversial disallowed goal in the 0-0 draw with Stoke.

More...

Yeah but they shouldn't need to be complaining about the goal not winning the game, they should be beating teams like Stoke 3 or 4-0 at Anfield. This is why they won't win the league.

Saw his post match interview on MOTD. He was hardly fuming then he even said they shouldn't have to count on that to win. They did make plenty of chances, just didn't get the luck they needed.

I actually thought it was the correct interpretation of the rule. Ive seen it only once it has to be said but from what i heard torres or someone was in an offside position albeit marginal. He went to head the ball not touching it but he was still affecting the goal keepers view. I know they dont call it usually but when a player involved in the play and offside it should be called offside.

The current rule is so stupid in that the refs arent interpretation it consistently or correctly. A player doesnt need to touch the ball to be active. Someone can just stand in front of the goalkeeper for a free kick and cause of the interpretation unless he touches the ball his not actually offside. He can just block the keeper's view.

Last edited:
Back