Benitez hits back at Wigan chief

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 438

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says Dave Whelan should concentrate on his own club after the Wigan chairman's claim that the Reds are in a "mess".

More...

Premier League managers remind me of forum trolls sometimes. (H)

They love to bait people.

I love how they managed to get an entire article out of this...

Reds manager Benitez hit back: "I do not talk about Wigan. He [Whelan] should talk about his own club."

Dave Whelan is clearly suffering from Dementia these days.Everything he says should either be ignored or taken with a pinch of salt.

I love how they managed to get an entire article out of this...

Reds manager Benitez hit back: "I do not talk about Wigan. He [Whelan] should talk about his own club."

Are you actually surprised?

Just the British media working its magic. (A)

Whelan can't keep his mouth shut at the moment. He was in a local tv news show about club finances whittering on about how 'furrin people don't understand the clubs they buy' and other similar little Englander stuff. It seemed to elude his notice that there's been enough English owners over the years who've totally shafted the clubs they've owned.

Funny that he had a pop about Anfield - Wigan was empty and had an atmosphere for five minutes at the end when their fans woke up and realised they were winning on Monday. Mind you, as a feeder club to Manchester United, it's kind of to be expected with Manchester United playing at home this Wednesday - times are hard and two tickets for mid-week games in a week is probably asking too much of Wigan's sixfingered fan base.

Doubt Rafa did anything more than reply to a question about Whelan's comments at the press conference.

I dont even think what Whelan said was that bad, media making a fuss over nothing

Okay so the title is "Bentitez hits back at Wigan cheif"

Then all it say's is 'Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says Dave Whelan should concentrate on his own club after the Wigan chairman's claim that the Reds are in a "mess".'

Hmmm... Are you trying to get views by any chance BBC Sport? Shame on you.

Whelan can't keep his mouth shut at the moment. He was in a local tv news show about club finances whittering on about how 'furrin people don't understand the clubs they buy' and other similar little Englander stuff. It seemed to elude his notice that there's been enough English owners over the years who've totally shafted the clubs they've owned.

Funny that he had a pop about Anfield - Wigan was empty and had an atmosphere for five minutes at the end when their fans woke up and realised they were winning on Monday. Mind you, as a feeder club to Manchester United, it's kind of to be expected with Manchester United playing at home this Wednesday - times are hard and two tickets for mid-week games in a week is probably asking too much of Wigan's sixfingered fan base.

Doubt Rafa did anything more than reply to a question about Whelan's comments at the press conference.

Have to agree, I fail to see how a chairman of a Premiership Club who had FA Cup Gates of 8k can say anything about atmosphere.

I think he wasnt boasting about atmosphere. i think he was simply saying that it is a shame. becuase anfield used to be one of the best grounds in the world for atmosphere. he was also saying that the Fans didnt deserve what happened. so i am really on his side. seems reasonable to me.

I think he wasnt boasting about atmosphere. i think he was simply saying that it is a shame. becuase anfield used to be one of the best grounds in the world for atmosphere. he was also saying that the Fans didnt deserve what happened. so i am really on his side. seems reasonable to me.

Your not really on his side your just on the side that is anti Liverpool

Your not really on his side your just on the side that is anti Liverpool

sorry in this i am saying that the liverpool fans deserve better just like Whelan did. Whelan wasnt blaming the Fans. he was blaming the whole structure of the Club. The Fans do deserve better.

Back