Benitez lays into rival Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 499

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez claims Man Utd counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for criticising referees.

More...

prat, fergie been fined and had touchline bans few times so he needs get his facts right

I think he's speaking the truth tbh. Ferguson gets away with soooo much, as do Man Utd players like Neville, it's a disgrace imo.

Pretty funny how much of a story this is beign turned into. ZOMG his Keegan moment!!

prat, fergie been fined and had touchline bans few times so he needs get his facts right

If you read the transcript I think you'll find his facts are right.

Ok so Fergie does speak too much about referees but he still gets punished. For Bentiez to actually draw up a list of things he's done really smacks of desperation (although theres no need for it) and pressure. I think thats why people are making so much of it Lee. Hardly in Keegan's league though.

Also, to accuse United players of constantly doing it I don't think is fair- Gerrard anyone? Mascherano anyone? Robbie Keane? (More at Spurs but he's an Lpool player now)

I think he's speaking the truth tbh. Ferguson gets away with soooo much, as do Man Utd players like Neville, it's a disgrace imo.

Neville? Good one. At least pick a player who actually berates referees.

liverpool have got away with so much this season that benitez shouldn`t have anything to moan at anyway! carragher is bar none the dirtyist player going! fact! as for fergy whats new he`s been getting away with it for years!

Just seen the rant now and fergie has clearly gotten to him. Ignoring what he says and whether its all true etc, Benitez had drawn up this rant and list (not actually very convincing) in prepartion to an expected question about SAF, and clearly did it after hearing SAF's comments to prepare himself for the media. Whatever he says (lies) about it not being mind-games, it clearly is. Fergie said what he said to rile Lpool and pressure Benitez, and it seems he's got him big time.

no ur the prat hes tellin git how it is. just look at how many times him and the man u players get away with stuff like ronaldo assaulting other players. get ur facts straight

Also, to accuse United players of constantly doing it I don't think is fair- Gerrard anyone? Mascherano anyone? Robbie Keane? (More at Spurs but he's an Lpool player now)

Neville? Good one. At least pick a player who actually berates referees.

if u dont remember mascherano got a several match ban and gerrard doesnt berate the refs. "at least pick a player who berates referees" lol

and neville lol u say he doesnt. really ur dillusional. remember him trying to get the england squad to go on strike coz rio ferdinand didnt turn up for a drugs test and got banned for it....not so clever now hey.

liverpool have got away with so much this season that benitez shouldn`t have anything to moan at anyway! carragher is bar none the dirtyist player going! fact! as for fergy whats new he`s been getting away with it for years!

what are u talkin about. ur jus bitter because ur team of little kids cant contend. and since when did carragher berate referees every game. i can hardly remember it at all. and as for dirty play? man u really should look to ur own teams problems. ur old captain was a fishbowl headed crybaby who ******* about hes own team. and ur new captain is a little kid. u remember him getting away with hitting a chelsea player 2 seasons ago?

both wankers but i cant say much about f***ing whiner boi at the emirates!

if u dont remember mascherano got a several match ban and gerrard doesnt berate the refs. "at least pick a player who berates referees" lol

and neville lol u say he doesnt. really ur dillusional. remember him trying to get the england squad to go on strike coz rio ferdinand didnt turn up for a drugs test and got banned for it....not so clever now hey.

First off your obviously a big Liverpool fan so we will never agree on this. I always see Gerrard having a go at refs, while Neville doesn't as much-I was saying some of our players are worse than him. Didn't Gerrard get someone sent off in a Merseyside derby a couple of seasons ago?

And yeah him trying to get the England squad to go on strike is a great example of him criticising referees ;|. And, although its slightly off topic, Ferdinand was made an example of there because he was a Man Utd player! Mutu got less for taking a class A drug...

what are u talkin about. ur jus bitter because ur team of little kids cant contend. and since when did carragher berate referees every game. i can hardly remember it at all. and as for dirty play? man u really should look to ur own teams problems. ur old captain was a fishbowl headed crybaby who ******* about hes own team. and ur new captain is a little kid. u remember him getting away with hitting a chelsea player 2 seasons ago?

Man, I've never read such venemous tripe in my entire life.

I hate to say it, sir, but you are the stereotype of a bitter Liverpool fan.

I'm not surprised you're defending Benitez hammer and tong, he's your manager, but not all of us are blinded by our clubs shiny badges; some of us like to look at things rationally and come up with our own judgement.

I'm a Man Utd fan, but I admire Arsenal's football, I don't think the sun shines out of Alex Ferguson's rear end and I don't hate Liverpool. You have a choice, you can either tow the party line, or you can look at the facts.

If you've chosen the latter, you'll find that Rafa Benitez, for the most part is correct, but he has made some errors, too. He's effectively accusing Man Utd's staff, and in particular its manager, of cheating. That's a disgrace, and unless he has some serious hard evidence of such misdemeanours (which he clearly does not), then he should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on getting his team to perform on the pitch.

For the record, Carragher at best is a loud mouthed twerp who has a strange penchant for wanting to hug opponents in his own 18 yard box, and it seems to get missed by referee's every single time.

bennymc2007 is right i don`t like manu and i don`t like liverpool i think ronaldo and rooney dive alot as do gerrard n kuyt but im sure u lot think the same about some of our players (eboue) but for me we side with our own and nothings going to change that fergie gets away with more because when they lose he sends his assistant out and dosen`t face the press something benitez has got now in sammy lee ! as for fabregas hitting a chelsea player i think it was cashley and well who can complain about that?and i`m sorry dosen`t gerrard run around in with his hoddy friends twating people in pubs? aleast this kid settle his problems on the pitch, hope the judge makes an example of him and sends him down! carragher does get away with it alot pal just check that last game v preston,pen? anyway lets hope the pressure dosen`t get to pool and they crack!lol as for goochyboi56 wtf?

Back