Benitez relies on Man Utd slip-up

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 480

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez concedes his side's 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough left them relying on leaders Manchester United slipping up in the run-in.

More...

Paul McCartney,Cilla Black,Holly Johnston,Paul O'Grady,ARE YOU WATCHING? your boys took a **** of a beating.XD

Lol, loving Boro! We'd have to **** up big time now, and the actual game in hand is Pompey at home which I can't see us not winning!

Paul McCartney,Cilla Black,Holly Johnston,Paul O'Grady,ARE YOU WATCHING? your boys took a **** of a beating.XD

:D

Spawny result but you parked the bus and got the win. Hope it saves you from relegation.

:D

Spawny result but you parked the bus and got the win. Hope it saves you from relegation.
Erm Zeb no offence but that is total BS.It was a pretty end to end game actually.Downing ripped your defence to shreds all afternoon.We missed a good few chances too.Take it like a man my friend.:P

Erm Zeb no offence but that is total BS.It was a pretty end to end game actually.Downing ripped your defence to shreds all afternoon.We missed a good few chances too.Take it like a man my friend.:P

lol before the own goal, Downing put two crosses in which were comfortably dealt with. Other than that we mauled you first half mate. You couldn't get out of your own half. I lost count of the punts into touch from the Boro back 5.

Wasn't end to end until you hit us on the break for the second. Before that, Boro were once again trapped in their own half and after it we were playing one player in our half, 10 in yours which gave you the option to punt it forwards for breaks.

We obviously were watching different games. :)

The one I watched was 2-0 Boro. That's funny...

We got beaten by Spurs in a similar way. Results like that have been narrowly avoided all season. Liverpool just haven't been able to finish effectively this season. What's saved us that we've been fitter in the last 10 to 15 minutes of matches than the opposition.

Pretending that we were outplayed by Boro though is a tad far from the mark. It would be like me saying that we caned Real Madrid, when in truth we defended hard and caught them with one of our few chances on goal.

the first time iv ever seen boro preform
did you manage 2 fill ya ground

We got beaten by Spurs in a similar way. Results like that have been narrowly avoided all season. Liverpool just haven't been able to finish effectively this season. What's saved us that we've been fitter in the last 10 to 15 minutes of matches than the opposition.
Kind of like how the only thing keeping Chelsea alive is Frank Lampard.

Kind of like how the only thing keeping Chelsea alive is Frank Lampard.

To be honest, not seen much of Chelsea this season. But I thought Anelka was still scoring fairly regularly?

To be honest, not seen much of Chelsea this season. But I thought Anelka was still scoring fairly regularly?

yep anelka has got chelsea goals but lampard has been terrifc for them this season..

without lampard chelsea wouldnt be where they are now in the prem tbh.

I think the Premier League is becoming a lot more tactically aware. Southgate (and others this season) have got their tactics spot on to play us this season - defend deep and counter when you can. Boro shouldn't be in relegation danger though as they've got some cracking players up front if they can keep teams from scoring.

This type of football is increasing the gap between haves and have nots though and leading to a very congested bottom of the table, and it's really profited Villa as teams have been thinking that they've got a chance against them. Really surprised the **** haven't managed to break teams down better though - this kind of football should play to their strengths.

Back