Benitez targets long-term success

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 811

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Rafael Benitez believes Liverpool are in a better position than their rivals to challenge Manchester United for the league title during the coming seasons.

More...

liverpool needs to have a good overall squad. not just attack and just have enough back up for injured first team. this season liverpool dropped points because of injury to first team player and despite rafa is really good at rotating his squad, he needs depth in the squad.

Liverpool's attacking players are great, there's no need to change them.
Allthough 1 new striker is needed who can backup torres when he's injured.

The defense is not so good however,

They need a new right back instead of arbeloa.
Also they need a new center back instead of skrtel.
Not that he's ****, but there are alot of better players out there.

Rafa's talking **** again. Take out the entire first 11 of Man U and Liverpool and field the best after that. Who would win that match? Man U. End of point

GK - Cavieleri

LB - Dossena/Insua
RB - Darby/Degen
CB - Agger
CB - Hyypia

LM - Babel
RM - El Zhar
CM - Lucas
CM - Spearing/Plessis

ST - N'Gog
ST - Benayoun

So what would Man Utd's look like? Rafa wasn't talking about Liverpool's squad being better than Man Utd's, just Arsenals and Chelseas.

I'm sick of this Liverpool/Man Utd ****. I thought this seaosn amde it obvious enough that Man Utd are a class above. One off days don't count.

How can you say they are a class above?

There's like 6 points between them, if man utd win there games in hand.
& you say man u have there one off days.

But at the end of the day, if theyre a class above liverpool then they should be beating Liverpool easily.

Liverpool = fail Liverpool = fail lolololololololol.

As much as I hate to side with rivals United, they ARE a class above Liverpool. United have class players all round with great backup. LIverpool have a central midfielder, an overrated striker, and a terrible defence. Also, they lack the mental toughness to win this year. They're too scared of it. Right near the end, the manager, the board and the pkayers will all wet themselves and run off to Mexico, making new identities to hide themselves.

Rafa's talking **** again. Take out the entire first 11 of Man U and Liverpool and field the best after that. Who would win that match? Man U. End of point

We took six points off the Mancs this season, 3 of them without Torres and Gerrard.

1 good season from liverpool and rafas going ott again! there back up team is ****! lucas class playerXD!

man utd fans should shut up about they are the best we know they are a great team but not all would class players . torres is better striker then any man utd player . liverpool are very close this year for league if they win it just say well done . least they not spend nearly a billion pounds to get there like chelsea.

davew - have a nice cup of STFU and a slice of GTFO on top of it!!!

can see ur a prat aswell then . can see the truth hurts some ppl.

Rafa wasn't talking about Liverpool's squad being better than Man Utd's, just Arsenals and Chelseas.

Ahem.....yeah, I realise that now. Didn't read the post properly the first time round. Thanks for putting me in my place. How much of a moron do I feel right now?oO)

Back