damo11802010

Reaction score
hi guy what is the best way to set up my corners and free kicks as i rarely get over 5 per season,or which formation on here to download is the best so that i cud copy the set-up

depends on what you want to do.

I always have my best passer/crosser come short and I play it short. On corners, it will often draw out the defense.

But there are two general tips I live by for corners

1. Don't overload the box, the more you pack in, the more defenders the other team will have.
2. Put your best finisher as challenging the keeper. Often times the striker will poach an awry header or loose ball. If you put a DC in this position he often won't have the quality to put it in the back of the net.

Agreed on not overloading. Besides, having loads of players waiting outside can lead to great chances even if they clear the corner. It also depends on how many and what kind of aerial players you have. For example, one set-up I've had success with is:
Taker: Best corner taker. Also important are anticipation and technique.
Near post flick on (optional): High heading and jumping. Not necessarily a big player.
Attack Near Post: The weaker centerback. (example, Holger Badstuber)
Attack Far Post: The best aerial centerback. (example, Daniel Van Buyten)
Challenge Keeper: Good finishing, height and heading are a bonus (Example, Mario Gomez; I also had success with Gustavo)
Attack Ball From Deep: A monster of a man, high aggression, jumping, bravery, strength, heading is almost a bonus, you want this guy to power through, or at least in theory. Never managed to get more than 2-3 goals a season out of this guy from corners.
Lurk Outside Area: Whatever your best technical and mental player is who isn't already involved. High technique, long shots, passing, creativity, and decisions (example: Bastian Schweinsteiger)

The more of these roles you can assign the better. If you have someone good for all of them there's almost no point in putting someone else in the box imho. If you can honestly muster three strong aerial threats, someone with a good jump and heading, a tall finisher, and a midfield playmaker you're going to score. Lots.

Generally if you wanted to be ueber-efficient on set-pieces a 3-4-1-2 might be really good, providing three cbs (usually good aerial players), a tall forward and a poacher to play in the flick and challenge roles, and a AMC who lurks.

Has anyone here had any successful long-throw set ups? I'm playing with AC Milan testing out the TBH 4-3-1-2 and hoping to make a long-term save of it and Milan possess a lot of good aerial players and throwers.

Agreed on not overloading. Besides, having loads of players waiting outside can lead to great chances even if they clear the corner. It also depends on how many and what kind of aerial players you have. For example, one set-up I've had success with is:
Taker: Best corner taker. Also important are anticipation and technique.
Near post flick on (optional): High heading and jumping. Not necessarily a big player.
Attack Near Post: The weaker centerback. (example, Holger Badstuber)
Attack Far Post: The best aerial centerback. (example, Daniel Van Buyten)
Challenge Keeper: Good finishing, height and heading are a bonus (Example, Mario Gomez; I also had success with Gustavo)
Attack Ball From Deep: A monster of a man, high aggression, jumping, bravery, strength, heading is almost a bonus, you want this guy to power through, or at least in theory. Never managed to get more than 2-3 goals a season out of this guy from corners.
Lurk Outside Area: Whatever your best technical and mental player is who isn't already involved. High technique, long shots, passing, creativity, and decisions (example: Bastian Schweinsteiger)

The more of these roles you can assign the better. If you have someone good for all of them there's almost no point in putting someone else in the box imho. If you can honestly muster three strong aerial threats, someone with a good jump and heading, a tall finisher, and a midfield playmaker you're going to score. Lots.

Generally if you wanted to be ueber-efficient on set-pieces a 3-4-1-2 might be really good, providing three cbs (usually good aerial players), a tall forward and a poacher to play in the flick and challenge roles, and a AMC who lurks.

Has anyone here had any successful long-throw set ups? I'm playing with AC Milan testing out the TBH 4-3-1-2 and hoping to make a long-term save of it and Milan possess a lot of good aerial players and throwers.
What aim do you use with that setup, 6 yard box?

I tend to stick my tallest and best header attacking the front post.
Strongest challenging the keeper
Long shots lurking out side the box
best finisher at the back post.

And aim each corner at the front post. Got 30 goals from Marouane Fellaini on the front post with this. :)

Corner:

best header with GK
striker attacks near post
one guy to get close
1 lurk outside area
1 more in the area, better 2nd post
Aim: 1st post

1 can garantee 1 goal each 2 games. Some people says its a cheat, i say goals!

Free kicks

important: left taker left foot, right taker right foot
aim best header
put 4 guys in the area but best header on 2nd post.

You will have a very low chance to make goals from direct free kicks, but the indirect will give you 10 goals per season

On the side throws, put the quickest striker on 1st post and set up for long throws. will get 5 to 10 goals per season. Use the corner players setup on this.

Hope it will help