Best defensive tactic with Arsenal???

• Thread starter Thread starter ejay8400
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4K

ejay8400

Reaction score
hi,

I'm at the end of my 3rd season and what i can see is that against some of the tougher oposition my team starts to struggle. So then i was wondering if anyone had any defensive tactics to use for Arsenal??

I'm no thinking of setting up a bus invfornt of goal, but a tactic that will makes the way for a clean sheet even easier for my GK against for example City.

this is how it looks now:
tacticrev.jpg

teamrev.jpg

Using a fluid philosophy and attacking strategy along with such a high defensive line and playing offside isn't exactly the best option if you want to concede less goals against big teams, especially away. If you want a more defensive tactic you can move a CM down to DM, set philosophy to rigid and strategy to counter, set your striker to poacher (attack) and adjust the mentality of your fullbacks and other players you want playing more defensively and setting ter Stegen to normal GK.
That's at least what I'm doing in my first season with Arsenal at the moment and it's working alright although I haven't finalized it yet and it still needs some tweaking. But I got pretty defensive fullbacks and midfielders and I pretty much clear the ball to the flanks (using the shout) and counter. Usually use it for the bigger away games both in PL and CL. If players like Walcott get the ball when countering you're pretty much guaranteed a goal unless they mess up infront of goal.

If you want to use the same formation and stuff as you currently have you can try lowering your defensive line a bit, not playing offside and putting your two CBs on covering duty (which seems to work well in one of my tactics which is a similar formation) and simply tweak other settings depending on how they actually score on you; if you have to close down more, get more players in front of the ball (defensively that is) and also take a look at how your fullbacks are working defensively etc.

Why not drop one MC into DMC and play either Standard or Counter, using some more cautious shouts, like retain possesion, pass to feet and play out Of defence. As for roles, why not use an anchorman in DMC.

TBH-but isn't playing out of defence a risky shout,as in being vulnerable to passes being cut out by the opposition if they press?

Back