Best False 9 Players

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to the site but been a FM player since 2006, i have download one of the formations from this site that is based on Barcelona's tactics, 4-3-3 with 2 inside forwards and a false 9 striker. Im in my second season and took the forest job at the start of season 2, im happy with the rest of my squad at the minute and sit top of the championship after 16 games but my current strike force is Brit Assombalonga Rudy Gustede Matty Fryatt and Luke Moore, 2 of which are the wrong side of 30. Now i know the obvious players like Totti, Messi, Van Persie, Gabriel Barbosa etc etc but im working on a tight budget, only have about £500k to spend at the minute but in thinking the current strikers will get me promoted but need to know if there are any bargains to be had who can play the false 9 role for when i get into the Premiership and hopefuly get a bigger transfer budget?

Thanks in advance for any advice given
:D

In my save, newly-promoted Forest bought Kozak and Weimann off me for a combined fee of £10mil. No, no they're poor players and in no way should you buy them. But if AI Forest can get that kind of cash, you might have some hope.

I'd suggest Guido Vadala. He should still be available for around 5mil if you pay in installments. And should get a work permit upon appeal. Not sure how Forest's reputation is like; may need to convince him.

In my Tottenham save, Memphis Depay was absolutely amazing for me!

For 500k?

Maybe look at Hamam Tariq (250k start of first season, not sure what he would be on your save now), he's an attacking mid but in my save has developed very nicely in finishing, dribbling etc which he could easily train to be a F9. 20 for vision doesn't hurt either!

For 500k?

Maybe look at Hamam Tariq (250k start of first season, not sure what he would be on your save now), he's an attacking mid but in my save has developed very nicely in finishing, dribbling etc which he could easily train to be a F9. 20 for vision doesn't hurt either!

He's not on my save

Tariq was good in my save, but nothing special. I alter in between a 3-4-3 with a false 9 or 4-2-3-1 with a poacher and Munir is my main man for both!

however if Tariq is available then sign him for dirt cheap early - i just sold him for £45m having only played a handful of games for me and being out on loan most of the time

If you want a cheap realistic option try Jose Postiga (younger brother of Helder) scored about 80 in 95 games for me in the SPL. I got him for £65k, worth a go at that price. Sold him for £11 million after 3 years.

Back