Best Leagues to load for regens

• Thread starter Thread starter bcfclee27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 16K

bcfclee27

Reaction score
Am top of league 1 at the mo my board wont let me scout outside uk.

I currently only have england loaded up.

What leagues should i start to load up assuming i get to championship and then prem ?

Im assuming France, spain, Italy ?

any others that are worth loading up ?

also when you load up other countries do u just load the top league or the lower leagues as well ?
Just thinking of game speed etc if i load up too many countries.....

Currently in 2018 with Tytherington Rocks who i promoted up from English Hellenic leagues.

Many thanks

Irish leagues are perfect if you are a low league side as they get some great regens that want to come to small clubs
Brazil too because it is soo big and loads of good players come out from there, Russia too

In the lower league I got some good regens from Denmark and Holland.

france/germany/italy/spain/portugal/usa/argentina/brazil/russia/mexico are the ones that i have found to produce the highest quality of regens. south america/africa also produce some gems :D, altho workpermits can be hard to get :(

brazil is a must also germany and italy produce some wonders but there the most obvious as others have stated.

france/germany/italy/spain/portugal/usa/argentina/brazil/russia/mexico are the ones that i have found to produce the highest quality of regens. south america/africa also produce some gems :D, altho workpermits can be hard to get :(
cool thanks mate, what leagues would u load in these countries >?
Just the top ones or would you load like serie B as well as A etc ?

Irish leagues are perfect if you are a low league side as they get some great regens that want to come to small clubs
Brazil too because it is soo big and loads of good players come out from there, Russia too

Well am nearly in championship so not really lower league, however still seen as a tiny club.
Would i not struggle for work permits in brazil etc ?

Isn't Croatia considered the "Brazil of Europe"? As in it produces amazing regens or was that just in FM11?

In my save Turkey has produced a great bunch of re-gens, I could realistically field an entire back 4 of turks. France too for me.

just load brazil... normal league same for argentina.. load mexico normal league. load france first league. germany first league. spain first and second. load holland first league. italy first and second. umm if you want one other counrty like croatia,norway,denmark your choice. no need to load africa just manually look through youll find gems. first place to look is brazil,argentina,mexico den da rest

It really varies from game to game. I've had games where Colombia become ridiculously good at producing wonderkids and I've had games where Turkey are the big dogs. Obviously you always have Brazil and Argentina but some countries can surprise you.

Brazil is a must, for whatever reason its so big, the bigger chance of getting quality regen.

Isn't Croatia considered the "Brazil of Europe"? As in it produces amazing regens or was that just in FM11?

100% agree, I manage Espanyol and the board allowed me to choose my own feeder club, I took Dinamo and loaded their league, this relationship is so valuable to me. I get wonderkid after wonderkid from them, and I send my non EU youngsters (ones that need 10 years for EU in Spain) there for 2 years to get a EU membership and match practice. They always lead their league and are often in the Champions cup (early stages), its the perfect place for hot prospects without EU membership. Its by far the best feeder club I ever had and I been playing since FM08.
/rant over

Last edited:
I find that Feyenoord Fetteh (Ghana) and a few other African clubs produce some excellent regens, although I manage abroad most of the time so I don't have issues with work permits.

^^ what this guy said, it depends on how good your pc is, if you can run a lot of leagues at a good pace then go for it :)

I always start in non league so have to rely on young regens. Playing in England, I load the main euro nations (spain,italy,france and germany) but this is for later in the game when I am in prem/champ as v difficult to get them in lower leagues cos they generally come from big clubs.

Obviously there are work permit issues in getting players from brazil, argentina, africa, turkey and russia (where there are usually good regens) However, there are some insanely good regens coming out of europe that will always move to small clubs (as low as BSP) and you do not have to load the respective country's league in order to get them.

Czech Republic, Croatia, Romania, are my personal faves but always check Ireland, Slovakia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Norway.

In my previous game I took York City from BSP to Prem with consecutive promotions due to amazing regens. 2 players that I signed in BSP (Croatian and Norwegian) and 1 I signed in League 2 (Romanian) stayed with me for about 6 seasons AFTER I had been promoted to the prem and was pushing for the title. The Romanian DC was still my captain when I finally won the title.

Eventually I sold them all (in different seasons) but recouped about £30m in transfer fees in total for all three.

My point is tho that you do not need to load tons of leagues to get good regens. Just load some of the main ones and have a large database - I allow minimum of 3 stars for computer performance and speed is pretty good. There is NO NEED TO EVER LOAD BRAZIL OR ARGENTINA AS THE LEAGUES ARE SO VAST AND THE REGENS OF SUCH A GOOD STANDARD THAT YOU GET ALL THE REGENS YOU CAN EAT WITHOUT HAVING TO LOAD THE LEAGUES.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies lads very helpful.
I started this game as said earlier using the add on download where you have the english lower leagues (hellenic etc).
As ive been promoted up to league one i have deleted the lower leagues and only have english league on now down to Blue Square North/South leagues.

When i go into detail level on the add/remove leagues screen it tells me that the estimated game speed is only half a gold star !!!

Surely this cant be right, my game isnt slow at all, dont get me wrong its not instant but by any means is not unplayable for being too slow. Am i looking in the correct place for game speed etc ? this seems wrong to me......

Not really sure to be honest mate. If its not slow then I wouldn;t worry about it. Where do u get the hellenic leagues from?

i got 4 regens from holland in 3 years which are rated better than messi, 200 potential :P

Back