ElJaffacakeo

Reaction score
Currently I am looking into figuring out who are the best players for training into other positions. I like a flexable player who can convincingly play in other positions apart form their natural.

Has anyone had success training players to other positions?

What should I be looking out for in players to train them?

Cheers.

I think rather than just trying to a jackofalltrades that can play as GK,CM,winger and ST it's best to look at the stats of the players and take a good punt at what other positions they'll be good at. If you're just starting out, take your time in understanding what are the important stats for what position and role.

For example, lots of people convert Hazard from AMC to AML because of his fantastic dribbling, passing and pace. Same for Neymar who lots convert from ST to AMR because he possess all the stats for a great inside forward including a strong left foot.

As for myself, I often find DMC have the stats I look for in a ball winning CM.

I had Messi trained as a wingback ( RWB). He was great ( can't tell any numbers, but approx 20 assists per season).

I retrain Hazard to play on the Left Wing naturally, and also Gotze to the right wing. You could also do the same for Neymar. Ganso would make a good cm, as well as M'Vila as he has a lot of ball winning midfielder attributes.

I'm the same, 80% of my BWM's are just DMC's I've retrained, their tackling and marking stats for example are often much much higher.

I'm the same, 80% of my BWM's are just DMC's I've retrained, their tackling and marking stats for example are often much much higher.
Quoted for the truth.

I often find that most of the natural CM are the most boring players- well rounded but ultimately not really offering much. Most of the good attacking playmakers are natural AMC, and most of the good defensive, tackling players are DMC.

And yep right now I'm retraining Ganso for CM... he already has the "dictates tempo" PPM by default, so he's well suited to that area.

I think rather than just trying to a jackofalltrades that can play as GK,CM,winger and ST it's best to look at the stats of the players and take a good punt at what other positions they'll be good at. If you're just starting out, take your time in understanding what are the important stats for what position and role.

For example, lots of people convert Hazard from AMC to AML because of his fantastic dribbling, passing and pace. Same for Neymar who lots convert from ST to AMR because he possess all the stats for a great inside forward including a strong left foot.

Yeah, I was wondering about what stats I should look for. For instance, in FM11, I had a right mare of a time trying to find half decent full back even at top level, there just arent any.

Does anyone know where I could find a list of what stats are best for certain positions? This would help me greatly!

I had Messi trained as a wingback ( RWB). He was great ( can't tell any numbers, but approx 20 assists per season).

Surely the amount of goals he scores as a forward outweigh his assists as a fullback!?

Yeah, I was wondering about what stats I should look for. For instance, in FM11, I had a right mare of a time trying to find half decent full back even at top level, there just arent any.

Does anyone know where I could find a list of what stats are best for certain positions? This would help me greatly!

Surely the amount of goals he scores as a forward outweigh his assists as a fullback!?

Couldn't care less.
It was experiment for one tactic... inverted wing backs...