Best Pre season training schedule?

• Thread starter Thread starter MattattacK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 11K

MattattacK

Reaction score
Should i use the ones that i am doing normally? or make a special fitness one??

I guess you mean the training you use during the season.

I think it is better to make special fitness ones. I've done it in FM12 and the difference in the start of the season can be noticed, I've for the first time seen the team perform from the start, which I rarely saw before unless my team was the strongest by some distance.

I also see the difference in FM12: during the preseason, with fitness focused schedules, my players get fit with two matches (no more than 60 mins each for any player) and with three or four friendlies I get all the squad match fit and able to take two weeks without losing the status without playing, whereas during the season they need more than two reserve games to gain match fitness from a similar starting point and they lose it faster. Unless they're the players I keep with high fitness training.

I recently started a new save and created a custom pre season schedule below:

Strength - High
Aerobic - High
Tactics - High
Ball Control - None (Light for the youth schedule)
Defending - Light
Attacking - Light
Shooting - Light

I created a similar sample for the youth except lowered the sliders slightly but kept the same rating i.e light and high.

I kept this schedule until 2 weeks before my first competitive league game then put each player on a schedule based on their position.

I found that by doing this I was able to get 2 formations trained to fully fluid before the start of the first game in the first season.

Some players toward the end of pre season about the levels of training, but ignore them as it is only a temporary schedule.

But as everything in FM its about tinkering so feel free to try this method or tweak it to your preference.

Mister. T

Back