Best time to have a Youth Recruitment day?

Surftide 99

Reaction score
I am Wolves in the EPL. What exactly is the point of youth recruitment day and what's the best time to have one?

I always end up with no good player whenever I hold one.

This is a bit of a guess, but I would have thought right after the standard contract end date (30th June?), when all the players who haven't made it are released, would be best. If you hold it later all the good players will have been snapped up.

That said, I've yet to pick up a decent player from a trial day in any version of FM, and I wouldn't hold my breath about finding an EPL-level player at one.

It's for lower league clubs. You want to do it at the end of the season when all the youngsters who are deemed not good enough for Man Utd, or Chelsea etc are released, but they can still be good enough for your team if you're lower league. You won't find any 200PA regens that's for sure..

As you play with an English team, I would hold the Youth Recruitment Day over the same time that the game generate regens in England (just look when you get a new influx of youngsters). The game often generate regens that immediately starts without a club.

As said above its mainly for lower league teams. Best time to do it is in the summer when all the players get released, you can pick up some good youth if you play in the BS/League 2.

Best time to do it is in the summer when all the players get released, you can pick up some good youth if you play in the BS/League 2.

nconst, your suggestion is a good one.

Back