Montanaro

Reaction score
In your opinion, what are the best column/group of stats to look for in a player. Let's say you can't find an overall good lower league player, but some players have good stats in only one of three categories and poor stats in the 2 others, which do you choose?

Categories:

Technical (passing,finishing,technique)
Mental (workrate,bravery etc...)
Physical (stamina, strength, pace)

I've had good luck with lower league players high in physical stats, the mental and technical stats in lower leagues is usually equal across teams, but physical players can exploit the other teams technically weak players.

I normally look for the physical to be the best average column, with specifics in the other 2 depending on their position.

The lower you get, generally the pace of the players becomes smaller, due to the experience instead of flair. So anybody with a quick pair of legs, who can finish (if a striker) and cross (if a winger) goes quit nicely if you ask me..

Physical is definitely the most important to me. A striker with 13+ pace will get enough chances that even with like 10 finishing he will score a couple a game. And same as wingers, all they need is good pace and a little dribbling to beat there man.
But a central midfielder I would look for technical, reasonable passing and long shots since the keepers suck.