Best way to get rid of DOMS?

LionelPienaar

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a relatively sporty, athletic person foretake in my fair share of exercise however in the gym on friday morning went all out on a tri and bi work out, and have now got the most excruciating pain in my lower biceps. Triceps feel alright but I am in so much pain I cant even straighten my arms. I no that pain shows it worked but surely shouldnt be this bad. Anyone know a way to relieve this pain, I've tried hot and cold showers, ice, deep heat the lot and nothings helped would much appreciate some help.
Tar

You should've stretched your bicep and tricep before working out. Did you warm up?

You could try doing some more exercises, as you may have used some parts of your body that have never been used before, so just ride out the pain.

Standard warmup and stretching on the rowing machine and yeah i have tried Luke but physically too painful.

It wasn't sarcastic, if the pain is that bad, surely it warrants a trip to the doctor's?

Well give me a possible diagnosis other than lactic acid build up or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and I'll consider it. It will be gone within two days I am sure I would just like to know how to get rid of it quicker.

Well give me a possible diagnosis other than lactic acid build up or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and I'll consider it. It will be gone within two days I am sure I would just like to know how to get rid of it quicker.

There isn't a remedy, just take this as a lesson for next time to just do that much less so you can actually lift your arms properly.

Back