Pollard88

Reaction score
Evening Gentlemen,

First post on here so be gentle. I've had a look around the forum (FM11 and 10) but cant find any suggestions.

Basically I'm in my first season with Watford, quite a few injuries and not much quality lower down the squad - but i've got fixture congestion up to the eye balls that sees me often starting a game with the core of my team at 68%(ish) condition.

At the moment i'm coping by immediately putting the tired guys on rest for as many days as possible until the next match, but worry that this is going to effect training development, so i ask:

Is rest my only option?

Do i need any specific coaches to improve recovery rates? (not that i've got the money for wage or board allowing me to)

How much impact will so much rest have on stats (falling or staying as they are) when they're not training, only playing?

Thankyou in advance (A)

Try low match prep, with a low-medium training (just enough to maintain attributes). Try not to play anyone with <90% fitness before a match. Choose your battles and if need be sacrifice one or two results and rest your best players.

Try low match prep, with a low-medium training (just enough to maintain attributes). Try not to play anyone with <90% fitness before a match. Choose your battles and if need be sacrifice one or two results and rest your best players.

Unfortunately can't sacrifice anything, because its so close up at the top, and the players are knackered again after the next run...
**** that good run in the FA cup (6)
The training and Match prep aren't a problem because if there's only 4 days till a match, and they're resting 3 days and then match day they're not doing training :(

Cup runs will always cost you in terms of league position in the lower leagues.

I manage in the lower tiers in Spain where there is a squad limit of 22 and 2 matches a week.

I try to act proactively and rest key/tired players before they become jaded or get injured. Versatile players are like gold dust, so try to utilise them if you have them, and get on with retraining your players into as many positions as possible. Always try and get you wingers to play on both flanks, same with your full backs.

for my part when i see they getting tired after each game and still not back +95 % i reduce the work load to light and base all of my training on team work and defensive positioning , you should plan a more compact formation with only 1 striker like a 451 counter or defensive . when i think i got the game under control 2-0 up or 3 i rest my best players around 60 70mns if i lead they out simple is that. or give some youngster a shot u might get surprise . give 2 or 3 days rest will affect their training program since they just rest so be wise