Best ways to increase touches for specific players?

MonagHusker

Reaction score
A relative FM newbie here. I have played it or about three years, and most of what I have done is based on taking tactics made by other people. What are some of the best ways to try and increase touches for individual players?

Thanks so much!

if its a top player make him the play maker and pass to him have it focused near him.

if its a top player make him the play maker and pass to him have it focused near him.

Thanks for replying!

Sorry if this is a dumb follow-up, but how do I make him a playmaker? As for passing to him, is that done in the player instructions?

Thanks for replying!

Sorry if this is a dumb follow-up, but how do I make him a playmaker? As for passing to him, is that done in the player instructions?

player role, you can't select 'playmakers' in a list as you could in previous fm's.

Have players positioned near him play short passes and those on the opposite flank, for example, to switch the play and/or play more direct passes. If he's on one of the wings, direct the play down that flank, or through the middle if he's there. Also train him up to Dictate Play in the PPMs list. Have the goalkeeper distribute the ball to him or to a player near him, who plays short passes... then sit back and watch as he gets his leg broken in 19 places by a train wreck of a tackle!