Best World Cup Ever?

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
I was just watching highlights of the 2002 world cup and was wondering what you guys think was the best world cup ever. Personally I think the 2002 world cup was amazing and had a bit of everything and that the 2006 world cup was a disappointment. Obviously I can't comment much on world cups before that as all I have seen is highlights of them.

Mexico 86

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtCxH7tuKo"]YouTube- World Cup Mexico 86 Top 20 Goals BBC[/ame]

Last edited:
My first World Cup that I really understood and took notice of was 2002 (I got into football when I was about 5 which was in 1999 so this was my first World Cup). I'll always remember that Beckham free kick vs Greece. :wub:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GESlaVNdE"]YouTube- David Beckham's free kick against Greece[/ame]

World Cup 06' was pretty amazing. Only for the fact that I was allowed to burn my England shirt with my Dad.. Fun times, the actual result was bollocks.. but yeah. I haven't seen that many, so i'd say 2006 Final was pretty amazing with Zidane etc.

Wasnt the 2002 WC terrible?

Bit of a pointless thread on here seeing as people are probably only old enough to remember one fully, and another slightly ;P

I hope that this will be the best world cup and it will remain in history because of its thrilling moments.

1998 was pretty incredible. First World Cup I was really into, and I remember Ronaldo battering everyone until the final when he apparently had a fit the night before the game and was then incredibly overshadowed by one Zinedine Zidane.

i have a video collection of every goal in world cup 1930 - 2006

id have to say 1970 dont personally know it lol

Agree with JP Woody, Mexico 86. Amazing games, lots of tension. I was living in Brazil at the moment, and being an Argentinean, it was AWESOME. I even remember painting my white car like Argies flag, and surprisingly survived. LOL. Also WC 2006 had some amazing games.

Reason for choosing Mex 86, is simply because it was the most electrifying final I have ever seen. I mean, 2-0 then a comeback, and a 3-2 with 15 min to go....Worst final, USA 94, going into penalties, after 0 -0 also the last WC.... If it wasnt for some amazing games there...