waldonspring

Reaction score
Took Betis to create a winning machine in three years. Ended up winning la liga a point ahead of real madrid with 101 points. Won the Europa League after eliminating Man Utd in QFs (5-3 on agg), Chelsea in the SF (3-2 on agg), and beating Arsenal 5-1 in the final. Won La Copa after beating Barcelona 5-1 in the final. Winning the league in my first season with Betis when Real went on to secure 100 points was arguably the greatest satisfaction I derived so far from FM.

All of this after losing Borja Iglesias and Guido Rodriguez in mid-season to Manchester United and Man City respectively. Canales got injured for 3 months right after I lost my two key players due to relatively small contract release clauses. Purchased Szoboslai, Joao Pedro (fener) and Scamacca to replace Borja and Guido. Signed Vignato and Afena-Gyan during pre-season and Scalvini in mid-season to prepare them for the next campaign.

Signing(s) of the season: Maehle and Toni Martinez. Toni scored 25+ and Maehle was a beast down the right flank.

Used my own 4-3-3 gegenpress with direct, quick, aggressive style. Three midfielders on the same line and three forwards linked upfront (mezzala sup and attack with either a bwm or dlp/two pressing forwards with an af in the middle). Trick is to have tall forwards with size who possess 15+ in both bravery and heading to score a lot from crosses as this tactic is designed to feed the ball into the box for three strikers from the flanks. That’s why losing Borja Iglesias midway through the season hurt a lot, but I couldn’t do anything when five super teams ahowed an interest and he refused to negotiate a new deal. Only against teams opting to play with the classic 4-4-2 did I switch my tactics to a traditional 4-2-3-1 since particularly the narrow version of 4-3-3 struggles mightily against teams that defend the wings so well.

Great youth intake. 4 5-star youngsters with none having negative personality traits. Signed five more from other teams to have a really promising academy at the club with good coaches having positive personalities.

New signings: Rovella, Lucca, Pedro Porro, Inacio.

Outgoing: Canales for 60m. He’s approaching 32 and was surprisingly not that effective in the club’s dream season. May offload Carvalho should I receive an offer over 45M. Won’t mind if Newcastle meets Fekir’s 92m release clause either.

It’s July 1. Can’t wait to press next.

Last edited: