Better Commentary and Exciting Press Conferences!

• Thread starter Thread starter Toadi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5K

Toadi

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Quick rant to explain my issues first, please bear with me :P :

I am sick and tired of two things:

1. Press Conferences being EXTRAORDINARILY repetitive. This is probably the reason that Sir Alex doesn't do BBC's conferences any more! he probably got *tiddled* off with the same questions over and over and over and over and over (slaps face), anyway, the press conferences take too long with the same questions, needs to stop! Also, I feel that after a while you keep seeing the same comment in the match commentary over and over and over again.

2. There are too many downloads that are incredibly similar, and more to the point here: when you're looking for a certain download, there are often very few or none of the downloads you want, even if you're sure you've seen it somewhere in a forum or download page before! (but maybe im just tired or stressed or mental, whatever that's not the point!)

So, now you see where my anger has come from, and my incentive to push myself to do something about it!

So I'm going to ask you all if you can help me. I want to know if anyone knows a download for a media addon pack - Specifically containing extra press conference questions, and/or extra commentary quotes!

Commentary in R/L is usually quite energetic and humourous (e.g. the legendary Kamara!) or, completely lacking in any kind of intelligence (e.g. the incredibly over-rated Andy Gray)!

Now if there aren't any downloads available, i'd love to put a lot of time and effort into making the files myself, but im not entirely sure how to do it, so if anyone could give me a point in the right direction it would be HIGHLY appreciated!

thanks everyone, and if I haven't been very specific or you have questions for me rather than answers i'd be delighted to answer you, as long as it'll help me get these things done quicker! Cheers!

Don't know where you'd start mate but if you were to get it up and running then i'd certainly download it. Good luck

Cheers my friend, I get so frustrated with what I think is one of the (potentially) most interesting and challenging points of the game! After a few conferences you've pretty much got the conferences understood (e.g. which answers give which responses! i've noticed in most cases the second option down is generally a good option, if asked about an opposition player select the 4th option *i wouldn't focus on just one player* etc. after a few conferences with the patterns memorised I feel like I might as well let the Assman handle it! But I would much rather feel the positive of a challenging press conference!!! Being asked whether you'd be interested in taking a vacant position elsewhere, being asked whether you feel the referee was completely out of order, being asked whether you feel that your finances are awkward to handle, being asked what you feel about your favourite clubs current league standing (even if it is elsewhere) being asked whether you're STILL enjoying you're spell at current club, whether you feel as if your captain is really making an impact on your players

I would love to hear some suggestions too, if anyone has any!

And I've got some great ideas to improve the commentary pack, if anyone can tell me how to edit it! (They're Defending Like Beavers!) it'll be like having Kammy in your PC! Or imagine having Andy Gray saying "Oh, he may have taken the player out but at least he got the ball!" and then FINALLY being able to hear someone correct him with a retort of "I'm sorry, but according to the rules, that is in fact a foul, it's dangerous play if you take out the man!"

Haha! take that Andy Gray :P

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Ok, due to being an impatient kind of person, I have tinkered around bits and bobs and stumbled onto what may hold the answer! I have used the Resource archiver to open the Media.fmf archive to access the XML files, I have just downloaded Oxygen XML editor and Im about to delve into something I have zero knowledge in.

If anyone has any suggestions for questions and answers for the Press Conferences I would love to hear them.

If anyone has any suggestions along the lines of: Don't touch the XML files your game/savefile/face/world will explode, you're too late!

If anyone has any helpful comments on how to successfully edit XML files, that would probably save me much time I would spend failing in a trial and error style thing!

hope for your help soon!

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Ok, my efforts appear to have been fruitless, as it is going to take much more knowledge than I thought. I assumed I'd just be able to read through the XML file, type some extra sections, fix some pieces up, make some links, and presto.

This is not the case. Instead it's suggesting I must create totally new strings. So for example, to add ONE new question, I must go into another XML file that holds the REASON that the press conference questions are being asked for are in, create a new reason, then link it to the file in which the questions are held, write a question and answers (which also need to be linked elsewhere) to the reason that question is being asked. I then need to link the answers to something that affects other parts of the game, namely team morale, specific player morale, news items...

It is looking like a task much too difficult for someone like myself. I am sorry that I've failed anyone that wanted this addon.

It also seems as though the commentary extras need a similar setup, although not as detailed they still need to be linked to the match engine... and Im just not good enough.

Im sorry everyone. But I hope someone will see this, understand what I have seen and pick up where I have left off.

hope to hear from someone about this soon!

I couldnt agree more with your problem and I have looked into it myself without success. It sso frustrating with the monotonous commentary and dont even get me started on the media questionnaing, I attend them as I think it would have a negative impact if I didnt but Id love some good questions which can properly impact on players abilities, performances, motivation etc.

There is one, over on sports interactive mate, have a look i downloaded it myself.

yeah i totally agree with u toadi...
i can remember all the answer to any question...
it really keep me boooorrrrriiiiiinnnngggggg!!!!!!! :@

You could maybe request in the editor thread for someone to create new press conference questions.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

if you can that is lol

I'm looking into doing this, and think I have my head around how it works (the press conferences that is). Does anyone have any suggestions for new questions?

I would love to download new questions. It would make it less boring and I'd want to do the conferences.

I have also looked into this and I am working on editing all current media questions I will change everything as there is so many it is easier scrolling and changing everything :)
So lets say by sunday it will be up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stress that I am editing current questions to include a bit more humour and to beworded differently
as for brand new questions all the codes and formulas are a bit extravagent for me to even comtemplate creating new ones
but also the game developers did create a heck of alot of different questions but some are for random situations which most of you may not have yet experienced

I stress that I am editing current questions to include a bit more humour and to beworded differently
as for brand new questions all the codes and formulas are a bit extravagent for me to even comtemplate creating new ones
but also the game developers did create a heck of alot of different questions but some are for random situations which most of you may not have yet experienced
sounds good, will be watching out for this, though what are the chances of this "wrecking" your game so to speak. normally i wouldnt mind having to reinstall, but im in london and my disc is in manchester oO)

sounds good, will be watching out for this, though what are the chances of this "wrecking" your game so to speak. normally i wouldnt mind having to reinstall, but im in london and my disc is in manchester oO)

well i have seen the new commentary pack on the si boards and knw hw they did tht and tht only causes an 'array access out of bounds' dialouge box to come up which goes away when you click ok between 1-50 times and it is not too frequent. So I dont envision anything beyond that really provided i am on the right track and im not just self destructing my fm as we speak lol ;)

quick question, as i've never downloaded anything other than databases and tactics, where will i save this to?

Back