Akuthia

Reaction score
More leagues, and fewer custom selected database types, or the reverse? I ask because I keep getting low game speeds, but maxed out computer performance ranks, and it is CRAWLING to get through a day or two. Is the database just for loading real players, and everything else would be regens?

I usually stick with the same club (Dundee United) for a while on my save so usually only select the top leagues & then quite a large database as it gives a large amount of players to choose from.
If you are a bigger club or a more journeyman manager it may be better to have more leagues and a smaller database.

Either way it is a balancing act as they both contribute to making the game slower with the larger database or more leagues you have.

What is the trade off in terms of player progression where you just load one or two leagues and a huge database?

Is player development stunted much by being in a league that's not loaded?

I am currently playing on a 4-5 year old laptop, so performance isn't great. I am planning on upgrading however in the next few weeks (partially with FM in mind).

I would hope my new system could handle a large database fairly well, so would like to set my game up now to accomodate it, and make do with the slow speed in the interim.

I generally don't manage outside of England, Germany, Italy or Spain. Would I be best to just load those countries, and go with a large database? Or a small/medium database and run nations like Argentina, Brazil, Holland, Belgium etc in the background as well to give their young prospects a chance to develop.