Bettering Rudi Gutendorf - The International Journeyman Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Obscurity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3K

Obscurity

Reaction score
0.jpg

Rudolf "Rudi" Gutendorf (born 30 August 1926 in Koblenz) is a German football manager, renowned for managing the highest number of national teams – to date a total of 18 teams.

My aim, after the bug of the London Colney game, is to manage my way to the top whilst only managing international teams.

The Setup:

eequIQz.png

x6B8W45.png

I've only loaded Wales since it's the smallest nation and will allow the quickest game speed, I've loaded all players with a national reputation on every continent as well as every international player to allow a greater range in international teams that are available to me.

The First Job:

Z1oRYuJ.png

70OIx0u.png

PGZABD6.png

The Kyrgyzstan national football team is the national team of Kyrgyzstan and is controlled by the Football Federation of Kyrgyz Republic. It is a member of the Central and South Asian Football Federation of the Asian Football Confederation.

After the split of Soviet Union, they played their first match away in Tashkent, against Uzbekistan on 23 August 1992 in the Central Asia Tournament. On 26 September they drew 1–1 at home in Bishkek against Kazakhstan, then on 3 October lost at home 6–2 to Uzbekistan. On 14 October they travelled to Ashgabad where they lost 4–0 to Turkmenistan. In the last game of the tournament they lost 2–0 to Kazakhstan on 25 October in Kzyl-Orda, Kazakhstan.

In June 1993 Kyrgyzstan traveled to Tehran, Iran for a tournament against other Central Asian sides and Azerbaijan. They lost 3–2 on 6 June to Azerbaijan and then drew 1–1 two days later against Tajikistan.

In April 1994 Kyrgyzstan played other Central Asian teams in a tournament in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. On 13 April they lost 5–1 to Turkmenistan, then on 15 April 1–0 to Tajikistan. On 17 April they drew 0-0 against Kazakhstan before losing 3-0 to the hosts two days later.

The Key Players

VxHIdsu.png

ZjP3ppZ.png

goSpq5P.png

tlzFEhK.png

Despite being 196th in the rankings, we've got some decent players, I expect that I can take them into the high 100's in the rankings if I'm lucky.

i might try this challenge, it seems quite good, i have decided to start as Malta because it was a hard team to start with

iwZOOAi.png

I joined after the failure of the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers and discovered that Kyrgyzstan are actually quite good as we won and dominated every game.

og6aplL.png

Karim was the best player and he also now has 4 goals in 5 caps.

DkGtE20.png

q0v8bNU.png

I can't really say much as we haven't played any competitive matches but i'm still unbeaten as a manager and Kyrgyzstan have gone from 196th to 146th.

Maybe mke a friendly against 1 powerhouse nation so we can see where you are in the grand scheme.

Maybe mke a friendly against 1 powerhouse nation so we can see where you are in the grand scheme.

Will have the 2014 update soon so you'll atleast be able to see how I do in a competition :)

x1cfq5H.png

SUT6Hd7.png

k1Uwb0d.png

Best Players

eHY7blk.png

DNPcuOm.png

Anton Zemlyanukhin is by far our best player and this year was trickier, we did very well to only lose 3-2 to China and I was amazed when we won the Challenge Cup! Out last fixture was probably the best since we drew against Gabon who at the time were 19th in the world. In 2015 we take part in the Asian Cup, I've decided to stay until at least the World Cup Qualifiers.

The end of Kyrgyzstan

qcattGz.png

1RQWZIg.png

lmRdpmI.png

I end on a massive high with Kyrgyzstan going from 196th to 61st in the rankings! My time now is up as I applied for and was offered the following job:

gceLfaP.png

Wow! That is a huge jump in quality. When is the next cup of nations?

Due to the lack of interest and the release of the England level 11 download I'm going back to what I do best, a Youth Only challenge this time starting 2 divisions below. That will also be my last save of FM13.

Back