Reaction score
Introduction
I heard about the new League reputation thing while reading another story and thought the same as the author, "How far could I take my chosen League? Could I make the SPL have 4 spots in the Champions League waiting for the Top 4?" The temptation grew too much and I wanted to see if I could take Celtic to the No.1 spot in the World Club Rankings

Pre-Season
I began by cancelling all the friendly's set by the assistant Manager, Johan Mjällby and accepted his proposal to have the Celtic Reserves play the 1st Team. I also arranged 2 Home Friendly’s; the first against Wigan Athletic and the second against Italian Giants A.C Milan. After that I arranged a Tour of Eire (Ireland), starting with St. Pats Athletic before visiting Sligo Rovers after a 1 day break. The next day after Sligo we travelled to the Tallaght Stadium to play Shamrock Rovers before getting another free day to prepare for the final Match against Paddy McCourt’s old team, Derry City. I wrapped up the Pre-Season by playing against Rochdale at Spotland.

Results
Celtic Reserves 2 - 5 Celtic
Celtic 3 - 0 Wigan
Celtic 3 - 4 A.C Milan
St. Pat’s Athletic 1 - 2 Celtic
Sligo Rovers 2 - 3 Celtic
Shamrock Rovers 0 - 4 Celtic
Derry City 1 - 4 Celtic
Rochdale 2 - 2 Celtic

Some good results there. Started off well against Celtic Reserves before surprisingly destroying Wigan 3-0. I was down 4-0 at Half-Time against A.C before a magnificent 2nd half performance calmed my nerves and we probably could have stolen an equaliser. After the good form in the previous matches I went to Ireland expecting an easy victory, however St. Pat’s were up for the game and the Bhoys looked sluggish although in the end we did pick up the win. The next match was also very disappointing however Marc Crosas was given a chance and in the 88th minute Juarez cut a ball back to him, 30 yards out he lashed a shot which flew in off the post. The final 2 matches of the Tour were more exciting. We thoroughly dominated Shamrock but the match against Derry was very nervy, we were drawing at Half-Time and didn’t score our 2nd until the 63rd minute. After the on/off form so far I was hoping Celtic would continue the good form but that wasn’t to be. Celtic came from behind to equalize before taking an undeserved 2-1 lead and then Rochdale equalised. Very disappointing end to an otherwise great Pre-Season.

CELTIC SIGN BELL!
Celtic today announced they had captured Kilmarnock’s promising goalkeeper Cammy Bell for a fee of £200, 000. Cammy Bell had made 22 appearances for Kilmarnock, 21 one which were from last season where he caught the eye of soon to be Celtic Manager Barry McCready.

LEIGH GRIFFITHS TO CELTIC
Celtic have captured Dundee youngster Leigh Griffiths for £700, 000. Griffiths has been watched by many big clubs as he shows promise of becoming a future Scottish international. However, Celtic managed to lure Griffiths with the amazing fan support which constantly supports the Celtic team whether they win, lose, or draw.

CHA DU-RI TO GAZIANTEPSPOR ON LOAN
Celtic offloaded Cha Du-Ri to Gaziantepspor on a 1 year loan deal. Gaziantepspor offered Celtic £625, 000 upfront with a future fee of £675, 000 to make the deal permanent. Barry McCready had this to say: “There is no doubt that Cha is a good player, but unfortunately he was not in my plans and was taking up valuable wage money so I hope he enjoys his time at Gaziantepspor and if he comes back I will hope he can match his competition for a place in the team.”

MILAN MISUN TO HEARTS
Celtic youngster Milan Misun has been loaned out to Heart of Midlothian for 1st team experience. Hearts offered Celtic a fee of £55, 000 upfront and would pay 100% of Milan’s wages. Misun has been highly acclaimed as a future star but Left-Back is one of Celtic’s strongest positions with Emilio Izaguirre being amazing at going forward and defending, and Charlie Mulgrew who had a deadly free-kick and great tackling.

CELTIC ANNOUNCE SIGNING OF KRIS COMMONS
Celtic have unveiled their most expensive transfer of the season yet. 26 year old Kris Commons signed for Celtic for a fee of £2, 600, 000, with an added £1m when he makes 20 League appearances for the club. Commons, a Scottish International stated the reason he joined Celtic was because of the clubs rich History, the superb fan support and by playing with one of the biggest teams in Scotland he hopes to improve his chances of being selected for National Duty.

So, not a bad start to my season, really enjoying the game so far, hoping I can at least give the fans something to sing about this year, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Nice start mate, Always like seeing Scottish stories even if it is A Celtic one :p

Agree with the above here, will follow this and see how you get on, good start btw :)

Thanks. The good start, not so good. I have August ready and I'm nearly done with September. Celtic really are crippled without Hooper and Rogne btw.

Late July and August
I was drawn against Zenit St. Petersburg in the Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Round. With my favoured Striker and Centre Back injured I would have to overcome that and hope I could get my Celtic career off to a great start.

Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
CELTIC 0 - 2 ZENIT
View attachment 134883
Not a lot in this game apart from Danny. He dominated the Right-Wing even though he should be playing central. Celtic created a few chances but if it weren’t for Anthony Stokes being incredibly greedy we may have taken the lead instead of Zenit. Danny finally caused a goal when he crossed a ball in which wasn’t picked up by any of the Defence, allowing Shirokov an easy tap in. At the break I was hoping for a spirited comeback, just like we did against A.C but Zenit dominated possession and got the goal, which in my opinion, finished off the tie for good. Disappointing start to my managerial career but there were some promising performances throughout that game.

Champion Cup 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
ZENIT 3 - 0 CELTIC
View attachment 134884
Another lacklustre display from the Bhoys. All was going well, we were creating chances, Stokesy was passing and the team were putting in a performance. However, Majstorovic hit the ball into the back of the net after a great parrying save from Fraser Forster. 3-1 was still a possible result so I got them in at the break and encouraged them, only to see them fall to another goal behind immediately after kick off. Zenit began to dominate possession and even I had to admit that the 3rd goal was well deserved. Danny had played great throughout both ties and he deservedly got his goal 10 minutes from time, after ripping the defence apart and coolly past Forster.

Not the start I had wanted to my European campaign but I was drawn against FC Vaslui in the EURO Cup playoff round, surely I could beat them.

INVERNESS CT 2 - 1 CELTIC
View attachment 134886
A real shocker... Inverness up 1-0 within 7 minutes. Anthony Rooney great position to tap in a flick on by Grant Munro. Inverness dominated the game with Celtic having a few breaks in-between. I was happy to go in at the break only 1-0 down as it could easily have been more. At the break I brought Cammy Bell off for Fraser Forster. Forster certainly kept us in the game with some outstanding saves. However Munro put Inverness 2 up with a free header, shocking defending. After the second goal Celtic seemed to begin playing, enjoying most of the possession and giving Inverness a late scare when Joe Ledley smashed in a great goal from the edge of the box. Celtic pressed and pressed but the equaliser never came.

EURO Cup Playoff Round 1st Leg
FC VASLUI 1 - 1 CELTIC
View attachment 134885
The team were really up for this game, with Emilio Izaguirre out on International Duty Charlie Mulgrew filled in at Left-Back. I pushed the Fullbacks back from Wingback’s because Mulgrew does not have the pace or dribbling skills to get forward dangerously. Okay, Celtic pressured from the 1st minute but Stokes was not up for scoring. After a very one-sided First half Celtic came out all guns blazing in the second half. 6 minutes in and James Forrest made the breakthrough! Wonderful run, cut-in before side footing the ball into the top corner of the net! Although Celtic continued dominating the game Vaslui made their chance count when they equalised 13 minutes after Forrest’s opener. The game was continually ran by Celtic but they didn’t find a winner and will have to rely on qualification at Paradise.

CELTIC 5 - 2 ST. MIRREN
View attachment 134882
Not the best of starts with St. Mirren going 1 up within the first 5 minutes... Celtic grabbed the equaliser on the 28th minute courtesy of a Leigh Griffiths goal. Biram Kayal gave Celtic the lead four minutes from Half-time with a great strike. So, 2-1 at the break. Just over 10 minutes into the 2nd half and Danny Majstorovic heads home to give Celtic a 2 goal advantage. Celtic still bossed the game and Scott Brown added to Celtic’s tally to 4 on the 79th minute. St. Mirren gained a consolation on the 82nd minute before Brown cancelled it out by scoring Celtic’s fifth and thus wrapping up the match.

EURO Cup Playoff 2nd Leg
CELTIC 1 - 0 FC VASLUI
View attachment 134881
A very boring game right from kick-off. Neither side done anything with the ball and both goalkeepers were virtually untroubled. Seeing as Leigh Griffiths was under-performing I decided to bring on Anton Stokes at half-time. Almost immediately Stokes controlled a rebound and tapped it into the back of the net. After that the game was uneventful with nothing being created for either sides, still glad to be reaching the Group Stages,

Note: I was drawn against AZ Alkmaar, Rosenborg and HJK Helsinki.

MOTHERWELL 1 - 0 CELTIC
View attachment 134899
Another poor performance from Celtic. It was a decent match, Celtic would have a chance and then Motherwell would have a chance, basically ping pong football. All even at the break, really enjoyed this match so far, it was entertaining football from both clubs and that was what I promised the Celtic faithful. I cringed when I saw Tom Hateley unmarked at the back post. Hateley nodded home to give Motherwell a well deserved lead. Even though Celtic pressured for the rest of the match Motherwell held on for a memorable victory.

Really disappointing start to the season, hoping things will turn around when Super Hooper regains match fitness.

Inverness game you wrote anthony rooney mate it's adam :p, Not a good start at all, Jumping for joy (6) joking mate i'm sure you'll turn it around, Should play the big dirty hobo sam up front though he usually scores. At least until Hoopers back anyway.

Is it? I always thought it was Anthony... Anyway, he's a good young player. Didn't actually know I was going to make a story of this so no table for the end of August although I do have one for September, as usual Rangers are above Celtic :(

Is it? I always thought it was Anthony... Anyway, he's a good young player. Didn't actually know I was going to make a story of this so no table for the end of August although I do have one for September, as usual Rangers are above Celtic :(

Yeah mate its Adam :p Would be a good signing for you aswell seeing as he's irish. Tbh seeing screenshots of the game IMO makes the story worse. I just prefer to see good updates of games and some pics of actual players celebrating or being dissapointed etc rather than screens of fm until the end of the season then put the league table up.

Honestly, I've saw those kind of stories and have no idea where they get them all. :s

September
So, 2 EURO Cup Group Stage Matches along with 1 League Cup and 3 Premier League Matches. Let’s hope things pick up.

CELTIC 1 - 1 HEARTS
View attachment 135132
Yet another incredibly frustrating and disappointing result. Once again I gave away and early goal after Kevin Kyle's header hit the bar and fell to Gary Glen's feet, allowing him an easy tap in. As usual Celtic came up with a swift equalizer when Anthony Stokes collected the ball on the edge of the box, dribbled to the penalty spot before lashing a powerful shot which nestled into the bottom corner. However, the game was very boring afterwards and there really is no point in saying anymore...

EURO Cup Group L
CELTIC 0 - 2 ROSENBORG
View attachment 135133
Why am I not surprised about this result? I thought we played well enough, pegged back for most of the first half but we had our chances, it was a risk playing Hooper when is still injured but I really needed him for this but he couldn't keep up with the tempo of the game... All was well until the 69th minute when Michael Dorsin scored a spectacular goal from the edge of the box. Same old same old. Celtic began slipping up more constantly and I wasn’t surprised when Rosenborg doubled their lead just before full-time. A devastating blow for Celtic but I’m sure we can bounce back with a win in our next match.

KILMARNOCK 1 - 2 CELTIC
View attachment 135134
Hallelujah! Finally a clear cut victory! A drab first-half performance from both sides until the 41st minute when Sissoko went in dangerously on Gary Hooper, who still isn’t back to full fitness! Luckily the tackle didn’t force Hooper off the park and at half-time I told the Bhoys to believe in themselves and that we can win the game. The lies worked! Like so many times before Celtic grab a goal almost from the kick-off! Anthony Stokes played the 1-2 with Hooper before chipping the Killie keeper, great finish! I had just stopped celebrating before Gary Hooper scored a real poacher’s goal, the ball was crossed across goal, no Celtic player except Hooper in the box but still the Kilmarnock players didn’t pick him up and he stroked the ball into the net! Kilmarnock worked their way back into the game when they pulled it back to 2-1 but Celtic held out for the 3 points, are things starting to look up?

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round
COWDENBEATH 0 - 3 CELTIC
View attachment 135135
Good start for Celtic as the on-form James Forrest dribbled past 3 Cowdenbeath players before putting Celtic 1 up. 19 minutes later a rare gaol from star-man Efrain Juarez put Celtic 2 ahead. When the teams emerged for the second half Celtic continued to dominate and a now fully fit Hooper managed to get himself on the score sheet with another poacher’s goal. That wrapped up the and all the action. So, I’m through to the League Cup Quarter Final after an easy win against Cowdenbeath.

I watched the draw live on SkySports and was quite pleased when I was drawn against Dundee at Celtic Park, although it would be a tough game I was happy I had missed the Premier League sides still in the competition.

CELTIC 2 - 0 HIBERNIAN
View attachment 135136
Latecomers would have missed the excellent Gary Hooper goal only 5 minutes into the match. James Forrest thread a perfect through ball to Hooper, who had beaten the offside trap before sliding it past Mark Brown to give Celtic the lead! Hibernian pressed and pressed for that vital equalizer but it didn’t come and after the break big Danny got down low to steer the ball into the back of the net with his head, great goal from the 6’4 Centre-back. Celtic seemed content to play around with the ball and they did just that, creating a few chances which weren’t to be converted.

EURO Cup Group L
AZ ALKMAAR 5 - 0 CELTIC
View attachment 135137
Honestly wanted to tear my hair out after this shocking result. Everything went to **** after Hinkel was sent off for a challenge which should have been a yellow card. Things went from bad to worse when Charlie Mulgrew was hit by the ball, changing it’s path away from Fraser Forster and into the net. Despite being a man down Celtic played well until Alkmaar nabbed their second of the match. Celtic gave a decent performance up until the 3rd Alkmaar goal. Then 6 minutes later they got their 4th and 5 minutes later they grabbed their 5th and final goal of the match, absolutely shocking result, hope I don’t get fired XD.

What a crappy League position for Celtic even at 6 games we should be doing a lot better than that, hopefully things will begin to look up for the next month.

I'm following coz I like a celtic story:) unlucky start:( check out my morton story:)

October
With the Old Firm at the end of the month and the League Cup Quarter Final 3 days after it. All in all a very exciting month for Celtic.

CELTIC 2 - 1 HAMILTON
View attachment 135473
Now this was a great match. Great attacking and defending from both Teams and when Emilio Izaguirre was penalised for a soft tackle on McAlister and Damian Casalinuovo stepped up confidently and sent Cammy Bell the wrong way to put Hamilton a goal ahead going into half-time. The players came out and gave the fans the response they expected, once again Majstorovic climbed high to equalise for Celtic before Efrain Juarez put the Hoops ahead. Despite Accies best efforts Celtic held on for all 3 points.

DUNDEE UNITED 3 - 6 CELTIC
View attachment 135474
What. An. Amazing. Game. Hooper got us off to a flyer by scoring on the 3rd minute then Griffiths doubled the lead on the 13th minute before scoring his second a minute later. Conway pulled one back for the Arabs on the 16th minute before Hooper made it 4-1 again, almost immediately. Somers grabbed United a 2nd goal. This time the goal lasted 9 minutes before being cancelled out by another goal. Gary Hooper grabbed his hat-trick with a wondrous strike from outside of the box. 6 minutes later United equalled Hooper’s strike with an amazing strike from 30 yards. A contender for Goal of the Season definitely. After a boring second half Leigh Griffiths popped in with his hat-trick on the 67th minute with a nice little tap-in. So, easily my favourite game of the season so far.

EURO Cup Group L
CELTIC 4 - 1 HJK HELSINKI
View attachment 135475
Compared to the last game this was very slow. It took until 20 minutes for Celtic to open and what an opener it was, some great build-up play allowed Griffiths a shot just inside the penalty box which found the bottom corner of the goal. 4 minutes later Makela caused an own goal to give Celtic a 2 goal lead. Juarez really is making a habit of scoring. Commons cut the ball back and Juarez unleashed a fierce left-footed shot from 25 yards which found it’s way into the net. After the break Hooper won a penalty which was converted by Majstorovic. I would’ve liked to see more but sadly I didn’t and HJK got a consolation goal on the 82nd minute.

OLD FIRM DERBY!!!!
CELTIC 2 - 1 RANGERS
View attachment 135476
What an outstanding way to start my management career in the Old Firm! I have to admit it was a great game. Both sides exchanged great chances but neither were able to convert. One thing that I did not believe that were was only one booking in the match. I was glad when the half-time whistle blew as Rangers had just began to build up momentum and that was a dangerous thing. I suppose I was lucky though, Naismith had started on the bench and without his creative spark Rangers have looked as threatening as a puppy in front of goal. As the second half began Rangers picked up where they had left off but Celtic held firm and with 20 minutes remaining I brought Biram Kayal on for Scott Brown. 12 minutes later Edu was caught in possession by Kayal who stole the ball from him, played a through ball through to an onside Hooper who coolly slid the ball past Alan McGregor before collecting the well deserved praise from the Celtic faithful. It really was a nightmare when Jelavic climbed above Mark Wilson to nod home the equaliser two minutes from time but Celtic held their heads up high and pressed for that all important winner. The pressure paid off when James Forrest picked Griffiths out who had been invisible to the Rangers defence. Griffiths hit the ball and the Celtic fans cringed for a split second as the ball hit the upright but there horror turned into cheers as it hit the post and flew past the line. Leigh Griffiths had scored on his Old Firm debut, and what a way to win an Old Firm game!

League Cup Quarter Final
CELTIC 4 - 1 DUNDEE
View attachment 135477
Good to see young Forrest back on the score sheet within 3 minutes with a nice goal from the edge of the box. Dundee reacted well and attempted to get back into the game but during injury time of the 1sy half Hooper silenced them by putting Celtic 2 ahead. After the break Dundee earned themselves a penalty which was scored by Antoine-Curier. Once again Dundee pulled themselves back into the game but Hooper silenced them once again with another great poacher’s effort on the 71st minute. Hooper then completed his hat-trick 3 minutes later with a little tap-in. Glad to see him getting his second hat-trick of the season.

Note: Just like reality I was drawn against Aberdeen in the League Cup Semi-Final while Rangers drew Ross County.

ST. JOHNSTONE 0 - 3 CELTIC
View attachment 135478
Really pleased with this result seeing as Derek McInnes had a go at me prior to the game through the press. Really glad when Maloney scored, not fit for the title? eh, McInnes? After Commons’ poor form Maloney must have relished the first team opportunity as he gave me the second goal of the match on the 25th minute. 19 minutes from the whistle Leigh Griffiths grabbed another goal to add to McInnes’ misery.

MCCREADY GRABS MANAGER OF THE MONTH

At last! After Walter Smith’s two Manager of the Month awards in a row I was ecstatic to have stopped him from getting 3 in a row, hopefully that won’t be the only 3 in a row I stop this season ;).

What a turn around eh? Incredible unbeaten month for me and the lads, hopefully the form will continue.