Big clubs disrespect refs - Moxey

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 726

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Premier League's 'bigger clubs' and their players disrespect referees and think they are 'above the rules', says Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey.

More...

Hate how grown men can't learn to respect the ref and hate how alot of fans can't see that he does a really difficult job to the best of his abilities with no help from FIFA! (ie. Goal Line Technology). I'm 14 and I can show more respect for the ref than they do. It really works me up. :@

Just because they play for a big club, doesn't mean they have any more right to disrespect the ref than a lower league player (not that they have any right to disrespect them at all!)

Last edited:
I disagree. Big clubs are on TV more, and are analysed to maximum of people's abilities so they can write articles in newspapers and online to tell people their views on things that don't really matter. And to be fair to big clubs, they are playing for higher stakes. If you lose a match, which if you'd won could of brought in millions of pounds, because of a ref decision, you will be quite ****** off.

i also disagree as players and managers should all be aloud 2 voice their own opinions to a certain extent!!! the fact the refs are in a game which has so much money involved within it and so much riding on the results for the big teams they should surely expect this!!! they get it from the fans so why is it wrong for a manager or player to voice his opinion!?!?!

i also disagree as players and managers should all be aloud 2 voice their own opinions to a certain extent!!! the fact the refs are in a game which has so much money involved within it and so much riding on the results for the big teams they should surely expect this!!! they get it from the fans so why is it wrong for a manager or player to voice his opinion!?!?!

Well when 5/6 players surround the ref and shout at them because a decision's not gone their way (a 'big club' trait), surely that's wrong. And anyway, only the captain can talk in that situation.

Spot On Mr Moxey, whenever this guy speaks he seems to be right.

Well when 5/6 players surround the ref and shout at them because a decision's not gone their way (a 'big club' trait), surely that's wrong. And anyway, only the captain can talk in that situation.
Fair point that but i just dont so how its fair that after a game or whenever really that a manager makes a comment on a ref they get punished for it!! it almost always seems to happen and i just cant understand it!?!?!

Look no more than Barca to see how to pressurize ref. They are the masters.

I always wonder why the ref doesnt see the replay first before making the decision. I mean,the replay comes about 5 seconds after the incident.

I always wonder why the ref doesnt see the replay first before making the decision. I mean,the replay comes about 5 seconds after the incident.

Because that would be using technology and making the game too fair. Its important to not use any technology in football and just moan at incompetence endlessly instead.

Back