Birmingham City- The Road to Forgiveness?

• Thread starter Thread starter AM32
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

AM32

Reaction score
Ronny Ashley

DOB: 5/10/1959

Birthplace: Crewe, Cheshire

Story

Moved to Birmingham at the age of 3 from Crewe, and joined the local Sunday League team, and impressed, being signed by Birmingham City in 1974. He constantly scored goals and became a hit with the fans, but after the death of his father, he was badly affected and developed an alcohol problem, and while on holiday in Hong Kong, he was arrested for drunkenly stabbing a man. Fortunately the man survived, but Ashley was sacked by the club and sentenced to 4 years in prison.

Story Part 2

After being released from prison, he resumed his footballing career semi-professionally in Hong Kong, and met Carson Yeung at a bar. They became friends, and kept in touch when Ashley moved back to Britain. He decided to work on getting a coaching badge, and was successful, being in the backroom staff team at Fleetwood Town then was hired as a scout by Birmingham City. He was an outsider to be manager when manager Alex McLeish left for Aston Villa, but what was to come for him?

Story Part 3

After Chris Hughton and Alan Curbishley rejected offers to be Birmingham City manager, Ashley was next on the list. The fans were not happy due to his spell in prison in the 1980s. Would Yeung confirm Ashley's appointment as manager?

Last edited:
Sounds like trypical blues getting a criminal in! (King,Bowyer etc.) xD
Looking forward to the rest mate :)

LIke it mate fOllowing- ima blues fan. Would you follow Manchester city- world domination project? That's mine- hope you like and love the storyline

50297d1211118018-bbc-england-cricket-toss-bbcsport_logo.jpg

Ronny Ashley, 53, has been confirmed as the new Birmingham City manager.

He is a former Birmingham City player, however, he had a spell in prison for stabbing a man at a nightclub.

The fans disowned him after this, and have campaigned for owner Carson Yeung to go.

Ronny Ashley thoughts

Look, I may not be the most popular of men, but I love my club and have their best interests at heart. I have met up with the squad and look like a very talented bunch of players. I have told Carson that I can bring the Championship title to Birmingham, so he's provided me with a lot of funds to improve the squad.

My target is to focus on activity in the transfer market this Summer so I have left my assistant Paul Trollope in charge of pre-season friendlies.

Thoughts On The Team

I think we need a new left-back as we've only got David Murphy. I have looked at Ian Harte of Reading as a possible back-up.

I also am quite interested in Andreas Hinkel. He's a free agent, and he looks like a player who could bolster our defence and has experience of the Europa League- this is key as I'd like to do well in this competition as not every Championship club has the opportunity to take part in a European competition.

Marlon King and Morgaro Gomis will be out for a couple of months, so I'd like to sign a striker on loan who could partner Adam Rooney.

July 2011 transfer review

Hinkel3.jpg
Andreas Hinkel- Free Transfer

0,,10306~9015741,00.jpg
Ian Harte- £550,000- Reading

juliosantacruz_200196.png
Julio Santa Cruz- £100,000- Blackburn- Loan

wp6e379e38_05.jpg
Jason Holt- £850,000- Hearts

205747d1322330258-other-munich-luigi-bruins.jpg
Luigi Bruins- Free Transfer

Review from the Manager: Good signings, all great players, and have strengthened some areas of the pitch.

Would like another striker, and then we're done for the Summer I think.

Back