Birmingham clinch Derbyshire loan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 496

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Birmingham City sign ex-Blackburn striker Matt Derbyshire on a one-year loan from Greek side Olympiakos.

More...

Pretty decent player, probably trying to use this as a means to get back in the Premiership.

Should do a decent job not sure if he will start tho:)

I think he will play a large part of games as Gaz O'Connor & Nik Zigic are similar in approach, leaving Cammy Jerome as our other striker, as Kev Phillips is out injured for a while!

lets not forget the lad has had european expierence aswell this could be a good signing.

did well out there two, lets hope its improved his game

yer i kind of kept tags on him because i liked him at rovers and i like when englishman breech out to other leagues. i believe he scored a winner in a cup final in his first season. just got this from wiki:

On 2 May 2009, Derbyshire played a pivotal role in the Greek Cup final against cross-city rivals AEK Athens. With Olympiakos 2–0 down, Derbyshire was brought on at half-time. Three minutes after coming on, Derbyshire scored for Olympiakos. The game then went to 2–2 before AEK Athens had seemingly scored the winning goal in stoppage time. However, with the last touch of the game, Derbyshire popped up to head in the equaliser in the sixth minute of added time, bringing the score to 3–3, after having suffered a concussion following a clash with an opponent. It was obvious during celebrations that he was not fully aware, and he stated afterwards that he realised he had scored from the cheers of fans. Olympiakos went on to win the match 15–14 on penalties, and Derbyshire was handed the Man of the match award for his efforts

Come on you blues! Looks promising as a blues fan myself and hopefully could be a good signing for us this season

Back