Birmingham clinch Ferguson deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 382

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Birmingham sign former Scotland captain Barry Ferguson from Rangers on a three-year contract.

More...

I know he's got discipline problems however I don't hink this will be an issue working under Mcleish. He's Ferguson's favourite boss and will be kept under control and hopefully be a hit for Birmingham and show the Prem what he can do, and for £1 million who can complain?

Wasn't he in the prem before.. Oh yeah and he failed!? Why should this be any different.

He didnt fail. He got injured 6 months into the season and was out for 18 months came back and did quite well under Souness then Hughes sold him for like 5m

He was pretty good when he was younger but since his injury he has just struggled more and more and has not been the same player.

Did not deserve to be in the Rangers/Scotland team the last few seasons but maybe Mcleish and a fresh challenge will help him

A good buy for 1m if you ask me

Okay fair point, but can I just ask, why has he got an MBE? He really isn't on the same level as Steven Gerrard..

i dont think Gerrard merrits anything either? Ferguson got one for his charity work he has done up here

He couldn't handle english football when he was in his prime and now he's older and s**t he's still not gonna handle it

Back