• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 739

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Birmingham release of Kevin Phillips, Sebastian Larsson and Lee Bowyer - plus three other players - following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

More...

Larsson will be snapped up by a PL club IMO. Kevin Phillips will score **** loads of goals in L1/Championship but never quite make it back to the PL. Bowyer will do what he does best amongst a load of really dirty clubs and players somewhere below the PL.

losing Parnaby and Jiranek is more news than losing the others as the other 3 were expected but I was hoping we would keep Parnaby and Jiranek as I thought Jiranek would fill in for Dann or Johnson if they leave.
I presume this means we are on the hunt for a replacement CB or else Dann and Johnson arent leaving(yes I am hopeful)

could be a replacement for Kilkenny I guess, sort of similar kind of player. Doubt he will tho, will go somewhere in PL. Taylor could be a good backup keeper for a PL team. I wouldn't mind us getting Parnaby, could be a decent rb for a cham side.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

losing Parnaby and Jiranek is more news than losing the others as the other 3 were expected but I was hoping we would keep Parnaby and Jiranek as I thought Jiranek would fill in for Dann or Johnson if they leave.
I presume this means we are on the hunt for a replacement CB or else Dann and Johnson arent leaving(yes I am hopeful)

Brian how much you rate Jiranek? I know nothing about him, a good CB for championship level? We could sure use one, or 2.... or 3 :D

lee boywer will join championship team
larson will join a mid prem team
KP will join a champ team

i think :)

Whenever Kevin Phillips is free, he's always been linked with Argyle for some reason. But thats just very unlikely, now we are in League 2 and unsure of our wage budget. The most logical reason for the rumours on Pasoti was Phillips linking up with Peter Reid.. Load of sh*t really.

He'll go to a Championship Club or someone like Sheffield United in League One, and score **** of a lot of goals- He still has some pace with him, very impressive for someone of his age.

wonder which PLM Club will sign Larsson, a team at the level of Sunderland/Newcastle perhaps

Larsson to Newcastle or Sunderland me thinks, not surprising they have decided to cut him loose....

Lol, Phillips and Bowyer both been linked to SWFC, never going to happen like .

Lol, Phillips and Bowyer both been linked to SWFC, never going to happen like .

It could happen. Phillips and Bowyer would be great at L1 Level, and despite a mid-table finish last season, big players will still be attracted with SWFC

A bit surprised with the exit of Jiranek (recently joined, hasn't he?) and Larsson (although he is on a massive wage for his not-so-good quality) as I think they have quality and are good for Birmingham. I also thought Brum could of offered new contracts to some of the players and sold them on for a little bit of money. However, I do understand that as a consequence to relegation, Birmingham need to get rid of players.

Kevin Phillips - A play-off challenging team in League 1 (Huddersfield) or Notts County
Seb Larsson - Sunderland (link up with Steve Bruce) or Newcastle
Lee Bowyer - Lower Championship side (maybe Barnsley?)
Maik Taylor - Championship side as backup
Martin Jiranek - A promoted side or a top Championship one
Stuart Parnaby - A mid-table Championship side like Leeds

A bit surprised with the exit of Jiranek (recently joined, hasn't he?) and Larsson (although he is on a massive wage for his not-so-good quality) as I think they have quality and are good for Birmingham. I also thought Brum could of offered new contracts to some of the players and sold them on for a little bit of money. However, I do understand that as a consequence to relegation, Birmingham need to get rid of players.

Kevin Phillips - A play-off challenging team in League 1 (Huddersfield) or Notts County
Seb Larsson - Sunderland (link up with Steve Bruce) or Newcastle
Lee Bowyer - Lower Championship side (maybe Barnsley?)
Maik Taylor - Championship side as backup
Martin Jiranek - A promoted side or a top Championship one
Stuart Parnaby - A mid-table Championship side like Leeds

we're not a mid table championship team ;)

Back