Lord_Townicus

Reaction score
I've started a new game as Birmingham using LFC Marshall's Summer Update and I've signed a few new players [Tom Crainey, Lee Tomlin, Per Kroldrup, Stephen Jordan, Adam Bogdan and Frimpong on loan] The season started well with a 4-5-1 tactic have one player as a winger, one as an inside forward and Zigic being a target man but recently my team have just gone to pieces. At first I looked at the match engine to see where things could be going wrong and I made changes based on that but now it seems nothing is working. I have a 4-4-2 and 4-3-2-1 tactic as backups but they don't work well either, it seems my players cannot simply attack or score to save their lives or defend at all [being done on the wings constantly, marking terribly, other team scoring long shots even though there long shot rating is low]

Its the worst start to an FM game I think I've ever had and I really don't know what tactics to use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bump, the biggest problem recently is my team seem to really struggle in attacking play, i've changed my tactics to either float crosses into Zigic or drill them into Rooney or Lovenkrands but my team seem to struggle to create really good chances or my strikers miss sitters. In my last 7 games I've either drawn 0-0 or 1-1 or won 1-0. I play either 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-2 with rigid, man marking, deep defensive line, fairly wide width and slightly above normal tempo.

Bump, the biggest problem recently is my team seem to really struggle in attacking play, i've changed my tactics to either float crosses into Zigic or drill them into Rooney or Lovenkrands but my team seem to struggle to create really good chances or my strikers miss sitters. In my last 7 games I've either drawn 0-0 or 1-1 or won 1-0. I play either 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-2 with rigid, man marking, deep defensive line, fairly wide width and slightly above normal tempo.

If you upload the tactic, I will have a look at it ( as I would need to see you settings to see where you go wrong)