Birmingham's £8m Babel bid denied

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 462

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool turn down an £8m offer for Ryan Babel from Birmingham City, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Babel as backup is better than no backup at all.

Benitez is a ******* clown, I mean he frustrates me so much. He has a chance to get nearly his money back on a player who is knowhere near Liverpool standards. ******* idiot!

Birmingham offered 8m which is 3m below liverpool's current asking price if im not mistaken, I'm puzzled on why birmingham will go for babel anyway surely theres alot more suitable possibilities out there cheaper than babel?

Babel could be a good player if played right

8m for a player id rather didnt play. Put pacheco in hes better, as is spearing. With that 8m we could sign someone if standard.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Birmingham offered 8m which is 3m below liverpool's current asking price if im not mistaken, I'm puzzled on why birmingham will go for babel anyway surely theres alot more suitable possibilities out there cheaper than babel?

Theyve got 40m and mcleish doesnt know how to control his finances

Well it appears as if they want Babel too play on the Left of Midfield which is where he has already stated his dislike for playing. So even if it was to be accepted would he want to go to Birmingham too play there?

The money from any transfers in this window will not be put towards other players. We're already having to sell three players just too afford the costly £1.5m Maxi. If there was any chance of Rafa bringing in a cheaper replacement from the money received from this transfer then I'd say go for it. But at the moment it's better too keep a hold of him.

It's also a World Cup year and if Babel was too actually make it into the Dutch squad and play too a reasonable standard then there's no doubt his price would be a little higher.

8m for a player id rather didnt play. Put pacheco in hes better, as is spearing. With that 8m we could sign someone if standard.

Pacheco has played what? About 20 minutes of first team football yet he's better?

As much as I have hope for Spearing he still looks out of his depth a lot of the time as well as playing in a completely different position too.

Babel is too good for Brum anyway

Pacheco has played what? About 20 minutes of first team football yet he's better?

As much as I have hope for Spearing he still looks out of his depth a lot of the time as well as playing in a completely different position too.

For backup i dont mean better but if your bringing on a player on 30k+ every 4 games id rather not have him. He is greedy when given the chance and Pacheco has played reserve football alonside players like Babel during recovery and he plays all off the park. Spearing imo is played wrong (like babel, but when he is played up front he still sucks) i think jay spearing should be more restriced.

keep him at liverpool. all the time he is playing their he is no threat at all. brum can get someone much much better and for a better price too.

If he'd gone to Arsenal like he was going to,he'd be a world beater.He has the quality,just dosen't seem up to it most of the time.
Spearing won't be good enough Btw :p
I want him to go,he's done nothing in the last two years i don't think worth mention,with the money we can get a better winger i think.

Back