Bit of Help with this tactic I created?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 925

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I won the league and FA Cup in my first season with Arsenal, using about 6 or 7 different tactics (Which I created myself, I don't download/use other people's tactics!) but I went and deleted the most effective one by accident :'(

Anyway, I created a new one during pre-season, taking inspiration from the classic Argentina sides of the 1960/80's, basically it is a 4-3-3 focused around the playmaker -In this case Cazorla.

However I noticed whilst the attack is fairly good (Still need to train my team with it more!) my defense is very shaky!
In terms of defence, I based that on how Arsenal defended at the start of the season -Getting almost everybody back to crowd my own third, and let them pass it around till they make a mistake.

However, my two fullbacks -the Left one especially- aren't doing what I wanted them to. I planned on my team basically making two lines of 4, with the two fullbacks just outside the area. However they are both going too narrow, giving the opponents as much room as they want down the wings -which is how I conceded ALL my goals so far!

So can someone please help me with the team/player instructions to help me with this (Screenshots below!)

Thanks!!! :D

View attachment 287004View attachment 287005View attachment 287006View attachment 287007View attachment 287008

What are the two outside forwards doing when not in possession? It seems that you would be vulnerable defensively out wide when not in possession? I'd try tight man marking the opponents FBs with the two outside forwards to track back and relieve pressure on your own FBs.

Thats the kind of effect I was wanting them to do (What you just suggested) but they drift around waiting for the attack. I have them run from deep, but how would I get them to track back?

Thanks for the reply!! :D

Back