Reaction score
Bob Paisley
X2kwoqf.jpg

"It's not about the long ball or the short ball, it's about the right ball."

Wee Jock's
mhYl3EG.png

For 13.3.3

This is a "shout Friendly" possession pass and move tactic.
Build up play is patient and deliberate, waiting for the optimal moments.
Attacking is then fast, sharp and incisive when the opportunity does come.
Players are making runs off the ball, dragging defenders out of position, finding space.
Plenty of one two's, back heels, first time crosses, first time shots, flank to flank passes.

"TEMPO" is manual so some shouts only half work.
GREEN works, RED does not.
Get Ball Forward - lengthens passing style and increases tempo.
Retain Possession - Shortens passing style and decreases tempo.
Stand Off Opponents - decreases tempo, all players to close down minimum, zonal loose mark.
Hassle Opponents - increases tempo, all players to close down maximum, tight man mark.
Take A Breather - decreases tempo and instructs players to run from deep more rarely.**

**Centerback are set manually to run from deep sometimes.

The 4-3-3 tactical shape is one I'm sure you are all familiar with:

Two PPM's are only available through tutoring, so for this tactic to really flurish you must consider buying player just for their PPM, arguably they are the most important.

Arrives late in opposition area.
Rather than getting into the penalty area early and waiting for a ball in, the player will hold back in a deeper position, regardless of whether he is instructed to hold his position, before entering the area and joining the attack when he thinks the moment is right. Such a player will be difficult to mark in these situations and so may find himself in more space when he does enter the box.

Useful for: Supporting central midfielders, rather than more attacking midfielders expected to get into the penalty area earlier or more defensive midfielders expected to hold their defensive position.

Stays back at all times
Will stay in position and not make forward runs, regardless of whether he is instructed to hold his position.
Useful for: More defensive players expected to stick to their position and protect your goal.

Training

Pre-season Training

bAB8dUn.png

General Training = Fitness for two weeks @ very high level.
Match Training = Tactics Only until you are fully fluid.

Early Season Training
PVRE2S7.png

General Training = Team Cohesion.
Match Training = Teamwork

Season In Full Swing Training

k28M4cw.png

General Training = Team Cohesion**
Match Training = Teamwork**

**To know how long to train Team Cohesion and Teamwork you will first need to know your players level of understanding, (how well these INDIVIDUALS currently gel as a TEAM.)
To find your teams level, look at the "Match Report" after your first pre-season friendly and click "team talk feedback"

These 'Team Blend' levels are:
1. Not blending yet.
2. Blending well together.
3. Good understanding.
4. Strong understanding.
5. Extremely strong understanding.
6. Die for each other

Each level can take +- a couple of months to achieve so it is entirely your decision how long you spend trying to achieve the next level.
With each level your players work harder and perform better.

I prefer training to be Ball Control focused, a typical four week month will go like this:
x2 weeks Ball Control, x1 week Tactics and x1 week either Attacking or Defending.

Ball Control: (Dribbling, First Touch, Heading, Technique, Flair)
Tactics: (Anticipation, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Teamwork)
Defending: (Marking, Tackling, Positioning)
Attacking: (Crossing, Finishing, Long Shots, Passing, Creativity, Off The Ball)
Fitness (Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Natural Fitness, Pace, Stamina, Strength)

RESTING
After match rests and less hard training help prevent players getting tired and Jaded:
After a match and a if a player:
... is lower than 65% condition= 1 weeks rest minimum
... is between 66-72% condition = 3 days to 1 week rest.
... is between 73-77% condition = 2 days to 1 week rest.
... is between 78-82% condition= 1 to 3 days rest.

This does depend on a players prior physical state before the match.
Avoid
starting players who have only recovered to 90% fitness after the last match.
Talk to players about being rested, moral can be boosted here.

Check the 'players' tab from your Club screen for players needing 'Extended Leave'.

Make a 'custom Fitness screen' add anything Fitness/happiness related to it.
Just having fitness % and match fitness % only gives you half the story, you need to know their full level of physical and mental fitness.

Superb Condition - (hungry to play) - This player is ready to rip it up
Good Condition - (close to peak fitness) - Still fit and sharp
Match Fit - (in danger of becoming jaded) - Stating to flag a little
Tired - (getting jaded) - Hitting the wall now
Very tired - (very jaded) - This player is f**ked and likely needs 1-2 weeks rest.

Fixtures

Last edited:
Very Nice Layout - Very Nice Writing Style (I really enjoyed this!) - Your tactic looks like quality I hope people will give it a chance! Also this will ofcause probably perform even better when you have build your team for a few seasons!. So Don't be put off my by the loss and dominaton by FC Barcelona "That's what we do" lol! - No seriously losing 1-0 away to Barcelona or Manchester city for that matter is not a bad result - So tactic shows lots of promise and without having tested it I recommend others to do so I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Did you buy any players for this tactic?

Cheers

Did you buy any players for this tactic?

No, not bought a single player for this as yet and I really need to.
This is the squad I made for a wingerless Libero formation that hit the skids.

I have no right IF or cover, I have no right Wingback cover, I have have no left IF cover.
All I have are player who can play to a minimum level is those area's.
Just coming to the January transfer window and the guy I have followed AND personally scouted for the right Wingback position (forgot his name) just got injured and is out for 2 months.
Done all the press stuff too, unsettled him, he requested transfer etc etc. So that's gone for a burton

I can only find Eric Lamela for the right 'IF' role but he dwells on the ball, so if I go for him it will take months to beat that nasty PPM out of him...if at all.

I'm tempted to use the player search but I want to stick to only signing players my scouts tell me about.

No, not bought a single player for this as yet and I really need to.
This is the squad I made for a wingerless Libero formation that hit the skids.

I have no right IF or cover, I have no right Wingback cover, I have have no left IF cover.
All I have are player who can play to a minimum level is those area's.
Just coming to the January transfer window and the guy I have followed AND personally scouted for the right Wingback position (forgot his name) just got injured and is out for 2 months.
Done all the press stuff too, unsettled him, he requested transfer etc etc. So that's gone for a burton

I can only find Eric Lamela for the right 'IF' role but he dwells on the ball, so if I go for him it will take months to beat that nasty PPM out of him...if at all.

I'm tempted to use the player search but I want to stick to only signing players my scouts tell me about.

Ok Mate! - Inside Forwards first - Please go here and scroll down to inside forwards
Why I want you to look at that is because of the immense success I get with these types. Further I wanna explain to you that these are not ready for the inside forward role from the beginning - its worth training a poacher to be able to play in the amr/l position and then make them great poachers first and after complete forward works great as well. So when looking for inside forwards forget about inside forward skills and just look for the poachers, in a moment I'm gonna post an insane screenshot in the langvatn tribute thread and I feel very motivated for showing this as a video as well, but im not sure im gonna do that.

When you said that you haven't bought any players I thought to myself - WOW! thats insane!
Your tactic will be absolutely stunning and will in many cases be able to perform at a lower level as well or atleast a midtable team.

I'm looking very much forward to see screenshots of a team of high class and fitted positions in your tactic - I have a feeling that you have alot to show in the future and I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers mate

Just had a look at this tactic with my Southampton save. Thought it could work if I bought a couple of players in and used a few of my youngsters as well. Is a very good tactic, have had for me some surprising results. Beating Man Utd was a pleasure. It is a nice tactic watch as well and this is always nice to see fluid movements. My players have made a few mistakes when dwelling on the ball, but no more than other tactics I have used in the past. So far for me is a better home tactic than an away one. Results and table so far(10 games played) Is quite good as media prediction was 17th, so not doing badly.

View attachment 334277 View attachment 334276

Just had a look at this tactic with my Southampton save. Thought it could work if I bought a couple of players in and used a few of my youngsters as well. Is a very good tactic, have had for me some surprising results. Beating Man Utd was a pleasure. It is a nice tactic watch as well and this is always nice to see fluid movements. My players have made a few mistakes when dwelling on the ball, but no more than other tactics I have used in the past. So far for me is a better home tactic than an away one. Results and table so far(10 games played) Is quite good as media prediction was 17th, so not doing badly.

View attachment 693317 View attachment 693319

Excellent stuff, thanks for giving this a try and for the feedback.
Are you using -BLACK adder- or -BLACK adder-v2 ?

The v2 has mild defensive alterations that I believe make it a little more secure, CB's still push out though :)
And gone back to DLP(s) due to too many wasteful long shots from CM(s)
I agree that players do tend to get dispossessed while dwelling on the ball, I guess getting closed down is the Achilles heal of possession type tactics and nowhere does that happen more than in away matches.
I either do one of two things, push back or sit deeper and play on the counter.
Hopefully this provides more results like the Man U victory as the teams grows into the tactic, I'd be very interested to know.

I am using the original tactic as I didn't know you had made a V2. Plenty of possession home and away, just away is not as good. The style of play looks great and interaction of players works well, yet at times the dwelling on the ball is annoying when I can see the right pass lol Will download V2 and have a look at that one as well. Will update in the coming days, maybe do it in stages, try to get 20 league games in and post up the results.

Excellent stuff, thanks for giving this a try and for the feedback.
Are you using -BLACK adder- or -BLACK adder-v2 ?

The v2 has mild defensive alterations that I believe make it a little more secure, CB's still push out though :)
And gone back to DLP(s) due to too many wasteful long shots from CM(s)
I agree that players do tend to get dispossessed while dwelling on the ball, I guess getting closed down is the Achilles heal of possession type tactics and nowhere does that happen more than in away matches.
I either do one of two things, push back or sit deeper and play on the counter.
Hopefully this provides more results like the Man U victory as the teams grows into the tactic, I'd be very interested to know.

WEE:

I'm 100% certain you created something very good - looking at the results with Tottenham while knowing you didn't have the players, especially the inside forwards. I'm interested in seeing some results with a team that has all the players, because after all that's what we strive for :)

Cheers mate

WEE:

I'm 100% certain you created something very good - looking at the results with Tottenham while knowing you didn't have the players, especially the inside forwards. I'm interested in seeing some results with a team that has all the players, because after all that's what we strive for :)

Cheers mate

Just bought Bojan (left IF) and Hatem Ben Arfa (right IF)
Hatem played 1 game, scored 2 goals and got injured in the 80th minute *facedesk* so I kinda sorting the IF problems.

Gonna stick with my two secondary WB's as the market is not good atm, one of the players I want is being priced way too high and the other is co-owned.... and is also being priced way too high, TWICE *facedesk*

I have more or less sold all my reserves to make room for the youth who will be too old for U18 nest season, so unless a player becomes available at a price I'm willing pay it's gonna be 12-18 months before I start to see players breaking through (I have a couple of good looking prospects)

And if my injury worries weren't bad enough my Graphics Card started arftifacting today *facedesk*

Latest update with my Southampton save. Will post up screenshots for fixtures and results and league table. You will see quite a number of draws. For me personally some of them I should have lost, defence is fairly good, some mistakes made but the team is very young. I would recommend this tactic for any team, will not score you a 100 goals a season if you are an underdog, could with a top team though. Will try and finish the season in the next few days, hopefully tomorrow night.

View attachment 334116 View attachment 334115

End of season and I would have to say a very successful one. Got to Euro Cup S/F, only to lose to the eventually winners. 7th place in league and only 1 point away from Euro Cup qualification. Screenshots of results for end of season and table at the end of season.

View attachment 334033 View attachment 334032