• Thread starter Thread starter vking1508
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 9K

vking1508

Reaction score
I need help on this,

i´ve downloaded fm2012 through steam, and it works just fine on my PC,

just when i try to play it on my laptop, it starts to run normally, and when i get through the starting phases of fm2012 ( the advertising and stuff) when you should go to your head menu, i get a black screen instead.

anyone got any idea what might be going on here?

thanks in advance,

Vking

got the same problem :( is it when you get past the screen with "loading" in millions of languages? if you find a solution let me know

yeah, exactly. you've got the same problem as I do I guess. haven't found a solution yet. reinstalled steam and stuff, but no result from that.

quite sucky business

yeah just done exactly the same, it works on my sisters laptop but not my macbook tried googleing it but no-one seems to know

Have you tried updating your graphics driver and directX?

aight, ima look for it, if that works. thanks! Nvidia Geforce GT 335m, better be there and better be it. lol

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

hmm couldn´t find any :/ i´m such a goof :p

aight, ima look for it, if that works. thanks! Nvidia Geforce GT 335m, better be there and better be it. lol

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

hmm couldn´t find any :/ i´m such a goof :p
It is - in 'Product series' go 'GeForce 300m series (notebooks)', then it should be in the Product drop down.

i think i got one now, i´ll post if it worked out. THANKS

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Pottsy wait, where the heck do i find those other facts, like the verify integrability game cache and the defragement game files.

man i need to get smarter with IT :( seemed to have found a driver now

Whilst on steam, go to your library, then right click on Football Manager 2012 and the two things I said should be there :)

now working on the verifying of the integrability, so i seem to have found it at last.

cheers, i´ll tell you if it worked out for me as well

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

awwww, did all as you say, but still doesn´t work for me. gets black screen after all the languages saying loading

Strange, it seemed to fix the problem for me.

Good luck on fixing it anyway

yeah thanks, the weird thing is, i got this feeling i´m gettin closer, cuz when i do all u say, it starts downloading 40mb of FM12 (update i think) but still black screen. -.-

Hmm... Well I will install and try running FM12 on my laptop tonight - I have the same graphics card in my laptop (Alienware M11X), so we may be able to eliminate that as a factor. Out of interest, what is the brand/model of you laptop?

is it weird that i can actually play the fm2012 demo without any issues? i think that´s weird, it must mean my laptop meets the system req´s right? any idea´s on how the fix the problem? still didn´t fix it.

Back