Blackburn close to takeover deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 996

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackburn Rovers say a takeover by the Indian-based Venkys group is set to be completed by the end of November.

More...

This could either go really well for Blackburn or really badly. If these guys actually have a decent bit of money to spend on the club then they can start going for European places, especially with Big Sam in charge. But, on the other hand they could have no real money, and put the club into bad debt. Let's hope it's not the latter.

Might start following Blackburn if this happens.
Lol bit of glory hunting there? :P

Might start following Blackburn if this happens.

Glory hunter much? :D

I can't seeing this going well for Blackburn. They probably don't know anything about football and we may have a Portsmouth/Man Utd/Liverpool situation all over again.

I hope they prove me wrong though.

I can't seeing this going well for Blackburn. They probably don't know anything about football and we may have a Portsmouth/Man Utd/Liverpool situation all over again.

Then again, I doubt the City owners knew much about Football really.

Then again, I doubt the City owners knew much about Football really.

No, probably not but they have definitely proved that they can invest!

I just don't trust these unknown foreign owners. Then again, I don't trust Mike Ashley.

No, probably not but they have definitely proved that they can invest!

I just don't trust these unknown foreign owners. Then again, I don't trust Mike Ashley.
Ha, nah I don't think anyone trusts that fat ****! :P

But yeah they are hard to trust, especially looking at the Yanks at 'Pool and United, and the Arabs and Russians at Pompey. Infact we haven't had an English owner for quite some time now, it's really quite worrying.

Ha, nah I don't think anyone trusts that fat ****! :P

But yeah they are hard to trust, especially looking at the Yanks at 'Pool and United, and the Arabs and Russians at Pompey. Infact we haven't had an English owner for quite some time now, it's really quite worrying.

Lol, he isn't the most loved man up on Tyneside. :P

Hmm, with the track record that most foreign owners have, it is hard not to look at these potential buyers with suspicion.

I do hope it goes well for Blackburn, though. They have the potential to go far.

Lol, he isn't the most loved man up on Tyneside. :P

Hmm, with the track record that most foreign owners have, it is hard not to look at these potential buyers with suspicion.

I do hope it goes well for Blackburn, though. They have the potential to go far.
It would also make me want to be Blackburn on FM more.

Good luck to them though, hopefully it doesn't send the club down the pan.

It would also make me want to be Blackburn on FM more.

Good luck to them though, hopefully it doesn't send the club down the pan.

My thoughts exactly!

It was like when City had £50M odd and expected you to 'avoid relegation'. Classic!

Does no one else find it funny that they're getting taken-over by Indian Chicken Farmers?

Does no one else find it funny that they're getting taken-over by Indian Chicken Farmers?

Not really no:P:P

Hopefully this will be good for Blackburn but one cannot be too careful

I don't think he is a glory hunter. Its just that the owners are from the same city/country as his.

Good news hopefully, won't be tons of money like a Chelsea or Man City situation. Should give us a bit more muscle in the transfer market even if it is just bringing us up to the same level as teams like Birmingham and Sunderland.

i heard that if the deal is done big sam will have 80 to 100m to spend in jan

That's more than adequate if you ask me, a big club like Blackburn should be doing better than they are, you get teams like Everton who have no money, yet work a way around it. Blackburn need to also. This will be a boost of course but really it's overestimated how important it's going to be.

Back