Blackburn Rovers - Another Inexperienced Manager

FManagerHD

Reaction score
Blackburn appoint another unknown manager to the role
Blackburn Rovers have appointed unknown manager Stephen Gibbs to the role until the end of the season. Gibbs is relatively unknown to football due to him not having any managerial experience. Gibbs holds UEFA A License coaching badges but has never managed a club. Shebby Singh has announced that Gibbs will have Dutch legend Johan Cruyff as his assistant. Singh added; ''With an experienced person as his assistant he shouldn't have any trouble. He is a world-class coach who's expertees can be used for the remainder of the season. Stephen may be inexperienced but he shows passion and has the knowledge on what to do to help the club. He knows what to do and he has promised promotion to be the minimum qualification this season. We will hold a formal press conference later but Stephen is busy meeting his players for the benefit of the club.

Day One - Two in One Press Conference
It's been a busy day for new Blackburn manager Stephen Gibbs who had to merge his unveiling press conference with his pre-match press conference for Blackburn. Here is the text coverage of the press-conferences.
REPORTER: So Stephen, congratulations on the new job, how do you think you will fare as the manager of a struggling club.
MANAGER: Well, thanks first and I think that I will do well, everything is expected of me but I work well under pressure and I know what do do. I've worked at many clubs and seen managers crack under pressure but I don't see things like that. I met the players and they said they want a full time manager who respects them and that's what i'm here to do. I said to them, it's a fresh start so don't mess up. If you mess it up, you will be replaced. I am not going to discuss my budget but I believe one or two signings maximum will help the team push for promotion. This season has been a topsy turvy one and I will make it the best I can make it. I'm guaranteed to be here until the end of May, that coming from the board and during my time here I will get Blackburn promoted and see what happens from there.
REPORTER: How do you think you will do tomorrow against Derby?
MANAGER: I think with the right tactics we can beat Derby and close in on top spot. Wolves are doing well and we will need to show them we are chasing them to the title. I think we have time for one more question before I have to go and take another training session.
REPORTER: Any transfer targets?
MANAGER: Wait and see.

Blackburn End 2012 With A Draw
Blackburn lost out on three points after a late equaliser from Crystal Palace. 1-1 the Boxing Day score.
Stephen Gibbs has released a statement saying;
"The lads did well at Selhurst Park and we were slightly complacent and we conceeded late on. Palace did well to pull back and although I'm disappointed with a draw, the players did well and the fans cheered which makes me happy. We were 2nd when I joined and now were 4th it is a bit of a let down but 2013 will see Blackburn improve vastly and get promoted."

Blackburn sign Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone on 3 month loan deal