Blackburn sign Diouf on loan

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Blackburn have signed Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf on a season long loan.

Think this is a good move for him. Wouldn't of got much game time with us, and it will help him adapt to the English game - although I see him becoming another Manucho.

Thoughts..

Diouf is about 23 I think..

Good Signing, do you know if they payed a fee ?

Didn't Fergie strongly say that neither him or Welbeck would be loaned out this season?

Swear I saw it on SSN? Ah well, good signing for Blackburny. :)

He said he would decide where Welbeck and Diouf would go out on loan for the coming season. I doubt they paid a fee seeing as they are doing us a favour and Sam Allardyce and Fergie are great friends.

Will be looking forward to seeing him at one of the more physical sides in the Premier League.

Fergie said Cleverly wasn't going out on loan. This could be a good loan deal for Blackburn, Diouff is strong and powerful with an eye for goal, he'll suit Big Sam's system as his hold up play is decent. He looked good in United's reserves scoring a few goals, I do think this could be a case of putting him in the shop window though.

Hope he does well as we are in desperate need of a good striker.

Fergie said Cleverly wasn't going out on loan. This could be a good loan deal for Blackburn, Diouff is strong and powerful with an eye for goal, he'll suit Big Sam's system as his hold up play is decent. He looked good in United's reserves scoring a few goals, I do think this could be a case of putting him in the shop window though.

Pretty sure he said Cleverly WOULD be going out on loan along with Welbeck.

he said macheda and hernandez would definitely not be going out on loan but that welbeck, cleverly and diouf would. he doesnt want them going to championship, he wants the young players getting prem football if possible

Last edited:
he said macheda and hernandez would definitely not be going out on loan but that welbeck, clererly and diouf would. he doesnt want them going to championship, he wants the young players getting prem football if possible
Wouldn't mind any of them at Pompey but doesn't look like it sadly!

I was wondering for a second why Blackburn had taken their own player (El-Hadji Diouf), on loan. Very confused. :)

This can only be good for the physical aspect of his game - I can imagine that Blackburn place a lot of emphasis in their training towards being strong on and off the ball, this will really help him adapt to the physicality of the League.

Is Di Santo at Blackburn still or was that just a one year loan from Chelsea? I forget.

This can only be good for the physical aspect of his game - I can imagine that Blackburn place a lot of emphasis in their training towards being strong on and off the ball, this will really help him adapt to the physicality of the League.

Is Di Santo at Blackburn still or was that just a one year loan from Chelsea? I forget.

yer he is back at Chelsea but hopefully not for long.

Don't you rate him? I thought he looked really good. Unless you want him back out on loan?

he played a few times for the first team and pre-seasons and obviously with rovers last season and he just isen't Chelsea standard. its a shame because he looked the business in his first season in the reserves but he just looks lightweight.

Back