Blackpool in January - need several players

• Thread starter Thread starter Yanfaic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 865

Yanfaic

Reaction score
I'm in the unlikely position of being 5th in mid-January 2011, 2 points off 4th. Leigh Griffiths and Marlon Harewood of all people have been revelatory and have pretty much carried me so far this season.

I'm looking for an AML, a CB, a LB and a backup CM, in that order of importance. The AML must have decent crossing and teamwork stats and the CM must be able to defend and work hard.

I managed to get Neuton from Gremio on a free to be my first choice centre back and he's been great so far but I've got doubts over Cathcart and Evatt who I rotate in the second slot.

I've got £7mil to spend, looking to push on and get a spot in the CL, however difficult that may be. I haven't been able to notice any players of significant quality who will come to us so far but maybe you guys will know someone I don't.

CB- Scout report Shawcross and admire him a lot!!!
LB- Look at Diego Renan (Retrain) or Julian Kelly
CM- Try get Lee Cattermole or Henri Lansbury
AML- Have a go at Marcell Jansen but he's hard to get him to accept a contract or Chris Brunt

AML - If your on 11.3 I think Miyaichi is quite good, Bryan Ruiz, Chris Brunt.
CB - Shawcross, Cahill, Dann, Rafael Toloi.
LB - Dodo (Santos)
CM - Lansbury, Ramsey on loan.

I ended up getting Brunt for £2mil + add ons, Toloi for £2.2mil + add ons and Kirk Broadfoot for £200k. Only reason I got Broadfoot was for his strength, he should be useful backup. Neuton's now got 7.66 over 8 games including a 9.0 against Chelsea, 8.1 against City and 8.3 against Arsenal so I've got high hopes for him and Toloi. :D If Cruzeiro stop being dicks in the summer, I'll get Renan as well.

Back