Blackpool make four new signings

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool sign Manchester United defender Craig Cathcart and three French players ahead of their debut in the Premier League.

More...

Craig Cathcart will turn decent for them in the future but the other three French players probably won't get a game in until they get sent back down imo.

They just panicked and signed four average players.
Think it was more the fact Holloway wasn't allowed to sign the players he wanted in the first place, the board are being real tight this season so Holloway pretty much bought all that's available to him now, can't see Blackpool staying up now, no chance.

Cathcart should do a decent job. Not sure about the three french players tho

I don't think anyone is expecting Blackpool to survive. They are going about it the right way though, If they do go down then the profit alone will change the club for the better, Just look at Burnley. They have to be the example that Blackpool are hoping to emulate.

Nobody gave Bradford a hope in **** either so, you never know. Cannot comment on the French lads as I have never heard of them, Cathcart might prove to be a decent long term purchase.

Like RTW said, I think they just signed them because they wanted to show they could. The fans start worrying about lack of new players and suddenly four turn up at once.

Good luck to them, they need a few more though! New striker, and a defender or 2 to be in with a shout of staying up! - but the odds on them staying up are like the odds arsenal have of winning a cup ;) joking fans :)

Last edited:
Blackpool's current team isn't good enough to stay up. I'd be very surprised if they survived relegation this year unfortunately :(

If they manage to stay up, Holloway should get a stadium named after him. They'll probably make 30-40mil from tv rights alone this season, so even if they do go down they'll have $$$ to improve their infrastructure for a better tilt next time.

Last edited:
Its good to see a club that has been promoted being practical as they know how hard a time they are going to have staying up. They may be average signings but it keeps the fans happy with some new faces and most sane Blackpool fans dont believe they will stay up. We have seen clubs like Bradford and Portsmouth blow money for just chasing the dream when they made top flight and now look at them.

5 signings now they also signed marlon harewood. very busy day for blackpool indeed.

not too bad, those signings are all decent. They can't do much better to be fair.

Those 3 players could score against Arsenal, Man City and West Ham in incredible 7-6 wins.

Those 3 players could score against Arsenal, Man City and West Ham in incredible 7-6 wins.

Not quite. All very decent players, and I think they are solid signings for a club with little to no reputation outside England.

Cant really comment on them with the exception with Cathcart. Should be a decent signing and hopefully will do the job.

Back