Blackpool promise to pay bonuses

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 855

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool players who are still waiting to receive bonuses for winning promotion to the Premier League are reassured that they will be paid.

More...

I think Blackpool are a bit out of their depth financially in the Premier League, I don't think Holloway will have a big budget at all and they'll definitely struggle.

This season is a bit of a lost cause for Blackpool really because the Blackpool board are refusing to contribute big financially incase they get relegated, however if they do get relegated without really spending much money, they will be minted. They are certainly not showing much ambition to stay in the premier league.

unfortunatly punching above their weight in the premiership and this season could turn out to be worse in the long run for them.

It would be great for Blackpool to challenge financilly with other Premier league clubs however I can see this will not be the case and I can see Blackpool beating Derby's record of the lowest number of points in the Premier League and relegation back to the Championship; where they belong :P

They lost to Bristol City today aswell. It could be a long season for Blackpool and Ian Holloway could be another of those managers who lose their jobs due to over achieving

They lost to Bristol City today aswell. It could be a long season for Blackpool and Ian Holloway could be another of those managers who lose their jobs due to over achieving

although i do think they will go down you cant judge teams on friendlys. chelsea lost to ajax 3-1 man utd have lost games man city also.

Blackpool were written off in the Championship, Lets be honest the team they had did amazing to get promotion but if that team were considered one of the favorites to go down from the Championship then in the Premiership they will really struggle, Add to that some of the better players from Blackpool last season were actually on loan and they are now worse off than they were in the Championship in terms of the players they have.

They would need to sign pretty much a entire new lineup just to be in with a decent chance of staying up this season and for a team of Blackpools size that just is'nt a realistic goal for them.They're doing the right thing in not spending what little money they do have on players who lets be honest will make little difference to the outcome and will want to move on once they get relegated and Blackpool could end up making a loss on them which a team of Blackpools size cannot afford to do.

They will struggle this season and i would be very suprised if they did'nt finish bottom let alone stay up but its going to be fun watching them play, I have a soft spot for Blackpool and i would love to see them stay up but at this moment in time i would be happy enough if they did'nt set a new record for lowest points in the Premiership along with most goals conceeded and least goals scored.

I don't think they'll be sacked if they do badly, i'm surprised Holloway hasn't resigned because of lack of backing from the board to be honest.

although i do think they will go down you cant judge teams on friendlys. chelsea lost to ajax 3-1 man utd have lost games man city also.
Newcastle lost 6-1 to Leyton Orient last year and still won the Championship however the result today does prove that it will be a very hard season for Ian Holloway & Blackpool.

Back