Blackpool sign Harewood

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Blackpool have announced striker Marlon Harewood as their fifth new signing of the day.

Former West Ham and Aston Villa frontman Harewood, 30, has put pen to paper on a two-year-deal with the Seasiders following a successful trial.

The club earlier confirmed the quadruple capture of Craig Cathcart from Manchester United, Ludovic Sylvestre from Czech side Mlada Boleslav, Elliot Grandin from Bulgarian outfit CSKA Sofia and Malaury Martin from Monaco.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6307081,00.html

Well, Holloway worked a miracle with Dj Campbell, whether he can do the same with Harewood is debatable. At least Blackpool have showed some intent today, they might just get a few wins this season.

Not a bad signing, especially considering it's on a free.

at least its another option for Blackpool. Decent signing

Good capture on their behalf, could get them 5 goals I guess..

When Villa signed Harewood I thought to myself "Great signing." I thought he was a decent player, and would add something to our squad, unfortunately was poor but he didn't get a regular place due to Agbonlahor, Carew, Baros when he was there, Heskey. So knowing Villa's luck, he will be a great success for Blackpool but I'm not too fussed that we released him, but I would have kept Freddy Bouma, as he was a good player..

WOW. Blackpool have signed someone I have actually heard of :O

On a serious note he has proven to be a handy striker at this level in the past...

Blackpool need any striker that has premier league experiance they can get a hold of.

I wish Blackpool the best but they will go down but fair play to them for getting their and I hope they can do a miracle and stay up as it is my cousin's old team, sign him back up blackpool he is good enough for premier league!

Decent buy, always thought he was a decent player. No worse than big Jones who just went for 8m.

He is a decent player but I guess since he has signed for Blackpool,we will only seem him for porbably his last season in the EPL

i bet any blackpools fans questioning signing him love him now lol

Blackpool are Top of The Pemier League !

I'll just change that to make it on topic:

Blackpool are Top of the Premier League! Becuase of new signing Marlon Harewood's brace!

EDIT: Aharr Calum has deleted his post since he realised how stupid it was (6)

Last edited:
Back