Blogs

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

Kris

Reaction score
Well over the last few months i have started reading some of the blogs on the bbc sport website.

I find that Gavin Strachen has a great blog and it's always an interesting read. Then there is Fletcher,Chris Jardine of Annan and Chick Young is always fun to laugh at.

Cant stand Phil Vickery the fat toss thinks he is the be all of south america.

Anyway...

I just wanted to see what blogs everyone else reads? (if any) and if you can recommend some to me. Looking to broaden my horizons.

Thanks

Cheers twinies i will look into these and see if it sounds good.

Ever check this blog out? http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Its people who write a secret on the back of a postcard and the guy puts them on his blog. Fun to look and see how messed up people are.

tim vickery is god

edit: ewww you cant post caps, **** n00bz ruining it for us all

As Lee linked, Paul Tomkins is an excellent blogger on Liverpool. http://www.paultomkins.com/blog.html and http://tomkins-blogs.typepad.com/paul_tomkins_blog/

Got to say on the BBC, I love Vickery and Strachan's blogs. Vickery does (or at least used to do) a World Football phone in on BBC radio 5 Live. Wonder whether that's available as a podcast? Will have to have a dig about.

Jonathan Wilson's articles are also well worth digging out (mostly for the Guardian). His 'Inverting the Pyramid' is possibly the most accessible history and description of tactics I've read.

Got to say on the BBC, I love Vickery and Strachan's blogs. Vickery does (or at least used to do) a World Football phone in on BBC radio 5 Live. Wonder whether that's available as a podcast? Will have to have a dig about.

One of my favourite podcasts, listen every week.

Having said thatr the podcast can sometimes be poorly edited eg they had a 4 hour special and the podcast was 30 misn long :|, so sometimes its best to listen to it on iplayer.

Its on Up All Night on Friday nights from 1.30-3 iirc on BBC 5 LIVE

One of my favourite podcasts, listen every week.

Having said thatr the podcast can sometimes be poorly edited eg they had a 4 hour special and the podcast was 30 misn long :|, so sometimes its best to listen to it on iplayer.

Its on Up All Night on Friday nights from 1.30-3 iirc on BBC 5 LIVE
Im actually listening to it now.Its a top show.

Im actually listening to it now.Its a top show.

Yeh I never bother live, prefer listening when in more awake so I can concentrate on it:P

Uusally download the podcast but if its <45 mins ill use iplayer downloader and just dl the whole show and listen on my ipod

Cheers Gregor. Something to download for tomorrow while watching whatever fodder is put on as live football.

eww Vickery is a n0b, but seriously read Gavin Strachan's blogs there a great read. If anyone gets the daily record John Hartson always does a good column

Robbo's blog is the best. Is the only one i read on BBC/football. Mihir Bose's is a disgrace, most boring thing ever - although its funny reading the comments slagging him off.

Robbo's are ok and lmao i totally agree about Bose he is boring and talks so much ****.

Back