Blue Square Bet Conference Premier help

• Thread starter Thread starter TheTuNa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 8K

TheTuNa

Reaction score
I've always played this game with teams from the Premier league, but this time round I've chosen to play my local team from the Conference, Kidderminster Harriers and see if I can lead them up into the Prem.

The main thing I've noticed is how I have very little to work with. I've browsed these forums and found masses of info about players (wonderkids and players for the future) that still cost millions...this obviously I don't have.

Does anybody have experience of playing this game with teams from the Conference and could anybody recommend players and tactics that I could implement myself into my own team.

So far I've played 4 friendlies and lost each one by at least 3-4 goals without scoring myself. Not the start I was looking for and so I'm here asking for any help someone could give so I can turn around my fortunes.

Thanks in advance

Steven

I'm playing as Kidderminster (as a random pick). I've played about 1/3 of a season and am top of the league by 2 points. Only one loss in the league (to Luton).

Here's what I did:

Got some good coaches (one for attack, one for defence and one for fitness). The Assitant manager is rubbish.
Tried to get some good loans - tbh honest mine have been hit and miss, but I've had a couple of decent young wingers from the reserves of div 1 up clubs. Don't pay any salaries for these players
I got a good free goallie - some italian kid who's name I can't remember, but I am paying him a lot of money (relatively).
They do have a good core to the team, so it's a case of getting a system that works. I play flat back 4, 2 centre mids just set to support, a right mid (set to winger), an attacking left mid set to attacking forward, an attacking central mid and a striker who's playing to the left of the middle.
I normally play counter attack (even against week teams), fluid and less rigid. But I'll change this against good sides (just experiment and see what happens).
With training I spent a lot of time working on playing as a team and tactics. They pass the ball around a lot.
My main issue is yellow cards, I'm going to try getting them to be less agressive in the tackle. I do sub my CMs a lot so that they don't get sent off.
Also I've had a lot of niggley injuries so I'm working on fitness now.
I spend a lot of time shouting at the team to retain possession and work the ball in to the box (both CMs are set to rare long shots).
Also the assistant manager gives bad advice when it comes to team talks. I'm normally tell them to go and win at the start. Agressively tell the to do better at half time if we're rubbish and complementary at full time if we win. Sometime when I'm agressive my best players react badly, so I can do an individual team talk to massage their egos. I've also had a few private chats with players to say they're good (when they are) and got a few of the senior players to mentor other players. Although I think this might be why both CMs now kick lumps out of the opposition!

Started with Lincoln in the BSP, (hometown club). Just used a basic 4-4-2 to start with, hadn't really developed any major tactics at this point. However, signings-wise I may be of more help. I brought in Salomon Olembe, who was a beast down the left wing. As loans, I'd recommend James Hanson at Bradford, Aaron Jameson at Sheff Wed, and Jamie Devitt of Hull. Keep an eye out in January as well for Chris Holroyd of Preston on loan. Him and Hanson up front were brilliant, but has a six month loan at Macclesfield first. Still have him now as a mid table championship team!

Get samba kanoute on a free to boost the defence.

Pick simple tactics as most players aren't that technically minded in the lower leagues. I use a basic 4-4-2. Use wide midfielders instead of wingers as that gives you a little bit more defensive cover, because lower league players aren't that fit or fast its better to have them playing deep and bursting forward instead of pushing up and struggling to get back. Centre backs set to limited defnders

Number one bit of advice is getting a good striker on loan!!! I always go for a fast striker (above 14 pace and acceleration) as because your midfield is not that attacking you need someone to run onto long balls. Finishing isn't that important but try and get it above 10.

well im a massive kiddy harriers fan and whatever you do never go 4-3-3 it doesnt work in real life and from what ive seen it certainly doesnt work on fm13! Play Jamille Matt as a Target Man and Malbon as a Poacher they work well together also use Johnson as much as you can he is a quality winger Shakes is also a very good option for the right wing! Briggs and Storer in centre mid, with Demetriou LB Austin and Gowling CB Lee Vaughan RB and Danny Lewis GK in real life we'd have Dunkley in ahead of Austin but Dunkley is very underrated in the game imo

Back