Blue Square Project

• Thread starter Thread starter gwenner321
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

gwenner321

Reaction score
I've started with AFC Wimbledon, i've done lower before but I get frustrated with the amount of players who accept BSP but not BSS/BSN

So here I am, i'm in january of 1st season and 21 points clear at the top so starting to build for next season in league 2 (as long as we dont implode). All the starting freebies are gone - brandy, fofana etc. - most of which I signed

So if you can answer as many of these questions as possible we could all get further up the league ladder:

1. Which good players become free at end of this season
2. Which players can we get on season long loans in league 2
3. Which cheap players are available, baring in mind wage restrictions.
4. Which areas do you advise searching for cheap transfers (eg. championship reserves/ reunion etc.)

If everyone could have a stab at answering these questions, and include any other players which they think should be shared, would be much appreciated. Also, i'll try and answer any questions you ask |)

MY advice would be to go to the player search and add the filter Contracts - Expiring in (3 months) or however close you are to the end of the season when contracts expire. You can offer players a contracts up to 6 months before the current deal expire so I would start there to see who would be interested now

thanks mate, i've done that before i think.
im in january now, but it wont let me 'approach to sign' for any english based players, but i can for any foreign based ones , do you know when it will let me?
thanks

In midfield, Oliver Norwood from Manchester United is a must. Stunning free kicks and corners, as well as plenty of goals from long range...available on a free at the end of the season, but you need to hang on until he's actually been released otherwise you'll have to pay compensation to United. He'll be the best player in League Two and League One when you go up... I'd also suggest Davide Somma as a target man, definitely good enough for both LG2 and LG1 as well

As for the approach to sign, you can only do that in the last 6 weeks of their contract in the same country, but again, the players have to be over 24 or you'll have to pay a fee.

Oh, and if you want a decent loan player, Will Keane's a top poacher...again from United.

thanks for that, have keane on loan this season as my impact sub 10 goals in 17 sub apps, more than likely to try for him again :)

only problem with somma is wages, he gets 6.5k p/w at leeds, whereas my highest earner is 1.9k p/w

Last edited:
Keane's quality, but he's better when he plays from the start IMO, and his stats rocket, too. In my Lincoln City career he was my top scorer for each of the three years I had him on loan, and he eventually signed when his United contract ran out. He was still banging them in when I made the Championship...

Back