Bluth's Emerald (4-2-2-2 column, High CCC's, High Goals, Giant Killer)

GobBluthJD

Reaction score
Emerald

Here's my new favorite. A narrow, 4-2-2-2 column. High attack, high goals, high action.

View attachment 335404 View attachment 335403 View attachment 335402

I first created this for Seattle (the Emerald City). We won the league comfortably by 18 points, scoring 95 goals, with a +53 goal difference.
View attachment 335400

At the end of December, I signed with Cardiff, who were in the middle of the Championship. Once we got up to speed, we won the Championship, scoring 85.
View attachment 335399 View attachment 335398

We're now in the Premier League and the good times keep rolling. Sitting in 2nd place with only 1 loss and the most goals scored in the league. We've beat Man City and Everton and things are looking good.

View attachment 335397 View attachment 335396

I haven't tried it with a good, big team yet. I imagine it would be killer. If someone wants to test it with a Barca, Chelsea, Madrid, etc, that'd be great (H) Tell me how it goes!

Emerald

Looks like it conceeds a lot no ?

You're always going to concede a lot. Especially with a lower team like Cardiff. Especially in FM14. The more important observation is how many goals you score and how many points you earn.

I mean, if you want to play like Mourinho and put 11 men back to defend for 90 minutes, then no, this isn't your tactic. If you want to score goals and win, then yes, it is. (H)

I'm trying it with a big team. This was the 2nd game of the season, so not even close to fluid. Defense is not a problem at all :p We gave up 0 ccc's, 1 corner, and beat Madrid 3-0. Easy! Loving this tactic so far.
View attachment 335348

I'm trying it with a big team. This was the 2nd game of the season, so not even close to fluid. Defense is not a problem at all :p We gave up 0 ccc's, 1 corner, and beat Madrid 3-0. Easy! Loving this tactic so far.
View attachment 690745

Nice - should be pretty unstoppable with Barcelona!

gonna give this one a go with Liverpool. don't know why i keep bothering with this game, but anyway, will try.

May as well switch the wing backs to attacking. Won't change anything within the tactic whatsoever, but might stop people wondering what type of wing backs are required.

May as well switch the wing backs to attacking. Won't change anything within the tactic whatsoever, but might stop people wondering what type of wing backs are required.

You could, but if I take a 2 or 3 goal lead, or it's late in the game, I'll switch team mentality to standard or counter even, so it's easier to have the wing backs automatically switch instead of me having to go in and edit them individually.

Either way works though

This tactic is the most crazy offensive tactic that i tried until now.Im geting results like 5-3 4-2 6-2 its like playing tennis not football.Its fun tactic to play but once in a while u get battered but this is the price for being so crazy offensive :) otherwise would be diablo tactic.

Last edited:
This tactic is the most crazy offensive tactic that i tried until now.Im geting results like 5-3 4-2 6-2 its like playing tennis not football.Its fun tactic to play but once in a while u get battered but this is the price for being so crazy offensive :) otherwise would be diablo tactic.

It's nothing if not entertaining :p

Emerald

Here's my new favorite. A narrow, 4-2-2-2 column. High attack, high goals, high action.

View attachment 690628 View attachment 690630 View attachment 690633

I first created this for Seattle (the Emerald City). We won the league comfortably by 18 points, scoring 95 goals, with a +53 goal difference.
View attachment 690638

At the end of December, I signed with Cardiff, who were in the middle of the Championship. Once we got up to speed, we won the Championship, scoring 85.
View attachment 690640 View attachment 690643

We're now in the Premier League and the good times keep rolling. Sitting in 2nd place with only 1 loss and the most goals scored in the league. We've beat Man City and Everton and things are looking good.

View attachment 690645 View attachment 690648

I haven't tried it with a good, big team yet. I imagine it would be killer. If someone wants to test it with a Barca, Chelsea, Madrid, etc, that'd be great (H) Tell me how it goes!

Emerald

Is there IO? What is your pre-season Out and During - season? Individual training? Are you running with the same mentality on both plane and gone home?

Would really appreciated for your help :)

do you use OI? what the pre-season and during season training?