Board won't let me adjust budget

• Thread starter Thread starter staka12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 24K

staka12

Reaction score
I have about £20 million worth of potential transfer funds but the board won't let me adjust the wage budget and now my attempt at signing Giuliano is about to fall through. I tried discussing with the board and they increased my transfer revenue by 75% but i'm still unable to adjust the budget. Any way to solve this problem?

Last edited:
How close is your total wages to the wage budget? If dumping wages into the transfer budget puts you over wage budget, there's only a small amount the board will actually let you go over before stopping it. Best bet would be asking the board for a higher wage budget or higher transfer budget (it'll be greyed out though if they won't even consider.) Transfer revenue is only how much money you get from selling a player but back into your transfer budget (ie, I sell Nani for 18mil, at 50%, 9mil of that goes back into my transfer budget, the rest to the team's bottom line)

In the new update I think there was a fix, so that if you have a transfer in process it won't let you adjust the wage budget to allow you to offer them a wage, and then adjust it to give yourself more transfer budget to allow the transfer to go through. This is to stop you being able to sign players and go way over your wage budget.

If that's the problem, then it might be best to let the transfer get denied, then try to redo it, only going the monthly installment route for the fee then.

I'm having the same problem, except that even after the transfer was cancelled, it hasn't gone back to normal. Still can't adjust the budget, and my wage budget is almost 2 million/week over what I'm paying in total wages atm , so it's not making any sense..
plz help asap

Its a fix, to stop you trying to fudge the books when you are in a middle of the deal. So think ahead

Its a fix, to stop you trying to fudge the books when you are in a middle of the deal. So think ahead
Yeah but now that I'm out of that deal shouldn't it go back to normal? Especially with the high wage budget I've got? Still confused :S

edit: is there any way I can go one on one with Abramovich over this and ask him to let me adjust it back to a decent amount of transfer money or should I ask him for something else?? :P

Yeah but now that I'm out of that deal shouldn't it go back to normal? Especially with the high wage budget I've got? Still confused :S

edit: is there any way I can go one on one with Abramovich over this and ask him to let me adjust it back to a decent amount of transfer money or should I ask him for something else?? :P

It wont go back to normal if the Board doesnt feel there is enough, though a screenshot could help, in case there is an Issue. Do you have any other offers made to players/clubs at the same time?

Lol i suspect Roman is too busy on his yacht for anything like that :P

I had this problem before, i saved and quit fm, then went back on, and it wasn't greyed out anymore, was able to edit budget :) worked for me, you have probably already tried this, worth a shot though?

I had this problem before, i saved and quit fm, then went back on, and it wasn't greyed out anymore, was able to edit budget :) worked for me, you have probably already tried this, worth a shot though?
Thanks for the quicky reply, I actually haven't tried that yet lol will let you know if you it works...

Mckergan thanks for the tip but it didn't work out for me :(

@Mike.: This is a screenshot of the boardroom overview. There's more than enough lol I had over 40-50m in the bank and we were still over our wages , but then I adjusted it so that huge chunk of money made the wage budjet even bigger so one of my contract offers could go smoother :P but now that I cancelled that (been awhile now too) it won't let me change it back. I've made offers to other players, yes, but haven't been in contract offers yet, just transfer bids that keep getting rejected lol

View attachment 222643

*bump* Can someone please help me with this? I posted a screenshot and everything, but no one has answered for over 3 hours... I'm not the most patient person but considering how long it took for members to reply initially, I've waited a considerable amount of time. Sorry to be pushy but this is important as soon I won't have time for this for a few days and I'd really like to get over this problem as soon as possible :P

Any help is appreciated :)

I find this when I adjust the budget to increase the wage budget when I offer a contract to the player I'm signing, but then I can't adjust the budget back and sometimes can't complete any deals.

I find this when I adjust the budget to increase the wage budget when I offer a contract to the player I'm signing, but then I can't adjust the budget back and sometimes can't complete any deals.
basically what happened to me. I had so many millions in the bank and was paying less wages than the wage budjet but one of the players I was trying to buy was asking for a massive contract so I adjusted move every last penny of the transfer budjet to wages, which I didn't need to do really.

But now the transfer's been cancelled cuz I don't have a penny left for transfers, but almost 3 million more to the budjet than I need... even after 2-3 weeks it still won't let me change it back, and the transfer window's closing in a few days :(

you can only adjust every now and then, especially because you put it all on your wage i dont think it will let you alter any time soon sorry :(

you can only adjust every now and then, especially because you put it all on your wage i dont think it will let you alter any time soon sorry :(
**** :( k thanks anyway

I just started a new game with West Ham in the Championship , I might go back to the Chelsea save later but this problem has really made me lose a lot of my interested in the savegame. :P

Atleast i now know this is a fix! i didnt expect it i usually put my whole transfer kitty onto wages at the start of transfer windows as i like to hit up the free transfers and forth, its a right pain in the *** but if it makes the game a little more difficult im fine with that to!

**** :( k thanks anyway

I just started a new game with West Ham in the Championship , I might go back to the Chelsea save later but this problem has really made me lose a lot of my interested in the savegame. :P

yeah I know how you feel, the slightest error I make on any of my save games puts me completely off the save :(

Back