• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 513

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Bolton release Johan Elmander, Jlloyd Samuel, Joey O'Brien and Tamir Cohen following the expiration of their contracts.

More...

Tamir Cohen?

Very surprising, especially after his traumatic season personal life wise and the fact that when he played he did brilliantly.

Nothing spectacular here. We all knew it was coming. Wasn't he meant to be going to Newcastle...

Can see Elmander getting a bigish move but Cohen is a decent squad player but nothing more. As for the other 2 then Championship standard i would think.

Hearing that Elmander is off to Galatasaray.

Interest in Elmander is high already with Villareal, Genoa, Aston Villa, Norwich and Middlesbrough looking at him.
Tamir Cohen could also move to Norwich or West Ham United.
Jlloyd Samuel is likely to sign for Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday.

Last edited:
10m on Elmander for three years service is a horrible loss for a club of Bolton’s stature. I rated him very highly at Toulouse but he just hasn’t been consistent enough to justify the price tag or the massive wage he accumulates. The Cohen release was strange, always thought he was a fairly decent player.

Bolton were very poor in the later half of the season though, I imagine Coyle wants to keep rebuilding & won’t have a pot of gold to keep players like Cohen around.

Back