Bolton Wanderers Guide

• Thread starter Thread starter KevyMatts
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7K

KevyMatts

Premium
Reaction score
Welcome to the Bolton thread for football manager 2010! Hope you all enjoy:)
bolton.png

Club Information
Nation: England
Year Founded:1874
Chairman Status: Loves the club
Legends: John Mcginlay, Nat Lothouse
Icons: (Only a few of them!) Jay- Jay Okocha, Phil Brown, Jussi Jaaskelainen & Ian Greaves
Favored Personal: Eidur Gudjohnsen, Peter Ried, Fernando Hierro
Fierce Rivals: Man United, Blackburn
Other Rivals: Man City, Arsenal, West ham, Wigan, Wolves
Finances: Secure
Average Ticket Price: £28.00
Average Season Ticket Price: £440
Season Ticket Holders: 12000
Estimated Value: £38M (Loan Debt: £57)
Continental Competition: None (Yet..)
Media Prediction: 12th
Squad Personality: Determined
Captain: Kevin Davies
Vice Captain: Gary Cahill

The Money & Expectations
Right basically to be honest you have £0 and a 7k wage difference doesn't sound great does it? Well we will come to that later but on to the board expectations they think you you should get a safe mid-table position (14th to 10th) and 5th round in the F.A cup but 4th in the League cup. Given the right signings this could be very easy basically it is as hard or easy as you make it.

The Squad

0,,1004%7E3748020,00.jpg

Goal Keepers
Jussi Jaaskelainen: Basically he is a god for anybody associated with bolton on the game or real life the only problem is the fact that he is 34 but apart from that he could play for just about any team in the EPL
Verdict: If you sell him you can say goodbye to any good finish this season.

Ali Al Habsi: He is an ok backup no need to sell him but with Jussi in front he won't get many games and may become unhappy but otherwise he is a fine player who you can rely on
Verdict: Your choice I don't sell him as you don't really need to but if you need the money then you can

Adam Bogan: Young keeper destined for the championship and nothing more you could sell him but he is not really worth anything.
Verdict: Chances are you will end up selling him

Defense
Gary Cahill: The best defender in your squad so don't sell him unless it is for big money he is half of your central defense and probably the better half of it. He is the only player on the team even considered for england
Verdict: Your best defender and you won't find a reasonable priced replacement in season 1

Sam Ricketts: To put it simple he is the best RB in the squad the 2nd best LB and a good DC so why would you sell him? Also if anyone plays like that he is a good RWB
Verdict: Good utility player so don't sell him

Paul Robinson: At first it may appear he is on loan but he is joining in january anyway but more to the point why would you cancel his loan anyway? He is a good LB who is the best LB in the squad as well
Verdict: His only weakness is his concentration which is vital for defenders but he is a great left back so don't be put off by that

Jlloyd Samuel: He isn't great on the game with no stats above 14 so you may consider selling him especially considering since Burnley want him on loan at the start of the game
Verdict: Keep or sell your choice but he will go for about 500k-£1.5M depending on the team

Zat Kinght: He is the other half to your defense and a new transfer from villa and let me tell you one thing about this guy he is an absolute beast in the air winning about %85 of challenges and standing at a monster 198cm he is a perfect example of a modern day defender
Verdict:He is good and a first team player so there is no need to sell him at all.

Danny Shittu: He is a below average player only the 4th best DC in the squad in my opinion and may be better of at a championship team also his mental stats are very poor
Verdict: Sell him you could get about 1M and that is good for bolton

Andy O'brien: He is an okay player by the clubs standards being the 3rd best defender in the squad but I would keep him mainly for depth
Verdict:If you sell him don't sell Shittu only one or the other

Chris Basham: He is a good young player who although looks good unless you play with a DMC you will end up releasing him
Verdict: Either try and sell him or if you play with a DMC he is a good player keep him

Nicky Hunt:He is Championship Standard pretty will only provide cover for you but since you have 2 RB's already you should sell him to a bottom table or championship club
Verdict: Not much I can add to what I have said already.

Gretar Stienson:He is your 2nd choice RB and the just about the same as Ricketts anyway so I advise you not to sell him.
Verdict: Don't sell if anything happens to ricketts you can easily replace him and won't know the difference.

Midfielders
Matty Taylor: as a LWB he is an ok player but as a LM I advise you cash up on him as he is a winger with a dribbling of 8 which is terrible for any EPL side
Verdict: Sell right now unless you play with a LWB

Gavin McCann: Despite being very slow McCann is a good player and can play in MC and DMC to a good standard
Verdict:You could sell him but I don't see why and he is good back-up

Sean Davies: He is a very Defensive minded player who is like McCann but not as slow he is also a better DMC than he is and the best DMC in the squad but has wages of 35k
Verdict:Good Back best DMC don't sell unless you would like to lower his ridiculous wages

Fabrice Muamba: He is your best hot prospect in the squad right now one problem- he has rubbish technical stats despite this he is the sort of player who will never stop running
Verdict: He is a good player and the best youngster in your squad so keep him for a few years till a good team with a high bid comes along then cash in.

Tamir Cohen: He is an average player who is an okay player for championship so you may want to sell him especially considering the fact he is the 6th best CM in the squad
Verdict: I say sell him but it is your choice what you do with him

Lee Chung Young:He is your best RM and urgent back up is needed as he is injury prone
apart from that he is young and you shouldn't sell him
Verdict: Don't sell him no matter what he is young and a good player

Mustapha Riga: He is good back-up but not much more he would be better of an a championship club he also has quite high wages at 20k so you may want to reduce it

Kevin Davies: He is one of your better players and is a good utility player who can play at RB,LB & ST so I advice you keep him
Verdict: He may be old but don't sell him despite the high wages

Ricardo Gardner: He is your best LM so don't sell him he is also would be good for most premiership sides but don't sell him
Verdict:Keep he is a good player

Mark Davies:He is another young player who player who makes your 1st team as a MC
Verdict: He is good and young don't sell him

Strikers
Ivan Klasnic:This one is very mixed because he is your best striker but he has 35k of your wages so you should terminate him to make some money as it goes along way
Verdict: It's is tricky you should terminate his loan but if you have funds from somewhere buy him for 4.2M

Johan Elmander:He is your 2nd best striker but that is not hard as you only have two so buy a back up
Verdict:He is a good player so don't sell him

Who to buy & Sell
Like I just mentioned in the last section sell:
-Danny Shittu
- Nicky Hunt
-Matty Taylor
-Tamir Cohen

You should buy:
First and foremost you need a good MC if you could get two that would be even better you then need a back up striker and a right winger these are the most important and after you terminate klasnics loan you have a small amount of money to play with and you may want to buy:
-Viduka: after you terminate klasnic's loan he is good back up and he is free with 7k wages
-Appiah:He would be your best CM by far but he is hard to get but go for him if you can
-Juanma (On loan) He solves the right wing problem and he costs 5K wages and 275k fee
- Belletti he is a good player but he is injured so I advise you get him on loan later on

Tactics
You could play the 4-4-2 like this
GK-Jaaskelainen
DC-Cahill
DC-Knight
DL-Robinson
DR-Ricketts
MC-Davis/Appiah
MC-McCann/Bellitti
MR-Chung Young/Juanma
ML-Gardner
ST-Davies
ST-Elmander

or a 4-1-3-2 which is the same players but instead of Davis/Appiah at MC they are at DMC

Staff
Although Staff is not my strong point you need some good new coaches like Steve Gatting & Brian Eastickwould be the two main prospects and also are in need of some foreign scouts as you only have 3 english ones.

Credit also due to zola

Thank You
Kevy Matts

Last edited:
Good guide for beginners, though it's lacking in tactic information.

Nice guide you got there this will help other members in the foroum

Good guide for beginners, though it's lacking in tactic information.

Ano mate, but mostly people change tactic and stuff that they prefare when they be bolton in the game, so i just added the the best suited formation

i used waynes everton tactic for bolton, its a good tactic, and i wouldnt sell matty taylor honestly

never knew kevin davies could play left back!

never knew kevin davies could play left back!
if you retrain him he can.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

i used waynes everton tactic for bolton, its a good tactic, and i wouldnt sell matty taylor honestly

yeah if you play him at LM sell him and get good bit of money for him, and buy a better winger his dribbling is only 8 or so when you start game, though keep him if you play wing back, or even retrain him into a left full back.

Back