StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
BOLTON v NEWCASTLE

Reebok Stadium, 3pm GMT, Saturday 20 November 2010

347VA.png
V
1nU0c.png

Bolton welcome Newcastle to the Reebok Stadium this weekend as they look to claim back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

Bolton News​

Johan Elmander, who scored an exquisite goal in the Wolves game, is finally starting to resemble a £10 million striker, now has six goals this term.
Bolton's backline will be reinforced by the return of defender Gretar Steinsson who is available after serving a one-match suspension.
Steinsson sat out Saturday's win at Wolves having picked up his fifth booking of the season in the previous game against Everton.
Fabrice Muamba should be fit despite pulling out of the England Under-21s squad earlier this week with a thigh problem, but Joey O'Brien, Ricardo Gardner, Jlloyd Samuel and Sean Davis are all still sidelined.

Newcastle News​

Andy Carrol has declared himself fully fit, after suffering with a groin problem earlier this week.
He could be joined at the spearhead of the Newcastle attack by fellow striker Shola Ameobi who has recovered from a hamstring strain.
It is an attacking partnership that could cause Bolton some problems, with the Trotters having not kept a clean sheet in the league since August.
Newcastle, however, will have to contend with the absence of their abrasive pairing of Joey Barton and Cheik Tiote, who are both suspended.
Utility man Ryan Taylor will be missing for three months after undergoing surgery to repair ankle ligament damage suffered in training last week, and keeper Steve Harper is around three weeks away from returning to training following his shoulder injury.
Leon Best (ankle) is gradually working his way back to full match fitness and Dan Gosling (knee) is stepping up his training regime, but Hatem Ben Arfa (double leg fracture) remains a long-term absentee.

POSSIBLE STARTING XIs:​

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Ricketts, Cahill, Knight, Robinson, Lee, Holden, Muamba, Taylor, K Davies, Klasnic.

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Enrique, Routledge, Smith, Nolan, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Carroll.

Should be a close game, but, I am going for 2-1 Newcastle.

I think this will be a draw, maybe a 2-2 draw hopefully Elmander with the goals as he is in my dreamteam.

Goals for Andy Carrol and/or Elmander would be appreciated for my FF team. I have a Toon defender too though.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Edit: Prediction - 2-1 Bolton.

This will be a tough game for us, especially without Tioté, Barton, maybe Ameobi and with a possibly below 100% Carroll. Would like to see Vuckic given a start.

If Newcastle can field a strong Starting XI, then I'll go for a draw - Newcastle have a great knack for picking up points on the road. Bolton have been playing some nice, positive football this season and their position in the league represents their success so far, but Toon's recent away record means I reckon a share of the spoils is on the cards.

Prediction: Bolton 2 - 2 Newcastle

As it is at Bolton, then I think Newcastle will win 2-1 or 3-2. If it was at St James' Park, then I would say a Bolton win.

Teamsheet: http://plixi.com/p/58059523

So looks like we're going 442/41212 with Guthrie in for Barton and Smith in for Tioté, despite Guthrie is hopeless on the wing. Also no Vuckic on the bench

Last edited:
1-3 Newcastle win.

Kevin Nolan to score first and have two goals overall.
Kevin Davies to score for Bolton.
Andy Carroll to score Newcastle's other goal.

Elmander is a changed man, so glad i put him in my dreamteam.

Colocini with a game that I'd fine him 2 weeks wages for in FM. I haven't seen a defender have an outing as miserable as that in a while. Sets up a fascinating encounter next week against blacpool

We were utter *****. Missed Barton and Tiote in the centre mid, Guthrie shouldn't have started on the right wing. Lovenkrands should have played in place of Ameobi. Chelski home next Sunday, both teams needing to bounce back, sets up an intriguing encounter.

*Guess who just joined my Newcastle on FM.......Elmander:P*

Back