Reaction score
Right so I'm finding it really hard this year to stay focuses on one save and work my way up from there, I have like 25 saves now all with different teams and it's really annoying as I love FM but I seem to find myself either winning every game or losing every game which is my problem for boredom. On top of that I always find myself reverting to a 4-2-3-1 wide formation as it's the only formation I can see, to get any sort of performance our of. Has anyone got any tips or ideas on how I can re-light the spark for me on FM so that I can enjoy a save of multiple seasons again! Thanks!

Start with Parma, or make an effort to be top of the table with Leicester at Christmas ;)

Go to a totally different league with interesting rules like MLS or Asia.

If the problem is that its either too easy or hard try to find some club that falls in between these extremes. Also regarding tactics you could make some test saves solely for the purpose of trying different styles before settling on a new one.
Finally you can always go for something outside your comfort zone do something outside your usual experience.

Try the create a club option, I had the same boredom as you over the past few years so I thought I would try this new game method and it's amazing I'm really enjoying it and by blogging it it is really enhancing the enjoyment I am getting from the game and making it more worthwhile

plus creating a club in the lower leagues makes it fun and difficult to try and keep hold of your best players as well as continue to press up the leagues.

it's amazing I'm really enjoying it and by blogging it it is really enhancing the enjoyment I am getting from the game

o.png

There is the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge as well where you have to aim to replicate his career. You make a random manager then sim to 6th November and create a new manager and take over whoever is 19th in the premier league. The full rules are:
  • Start off on the 6th November taking over the team in 19th
  • Win a cup within 4 years, the league within 7 years, domestic double within 8 years
  • Win league, domestic cup and Championsleague within 13 seasons
  • Can only stay with the 1 club, if you get sacked the challenge is over
  • Promote youth players
  • Persuade older players to go into management/coaching
  • Can't sign more than 8 senior players in 1 season
  • Can't spend more than £63m in one 1 season
I also enjoy creating a manager based on a playing legend from your favourite club. The full rules for that are:
  • Create the manager using all the players details
  • Managerial attributes based off of the player (for example if he was a goalkeeper he will be a good GK Coach)
  • Start off unemployed
  • Aim to have as much success as possible, you won't get the best jobs straight away so have to work your way up
  • Aim to finish your career at your favourite club where the player is a legend and then be successful with them to end your career
I find both of them interesting because they have aims in the career where as when you just start a career with a random team you just aim to win everything where as with these two careers you have goals to meet. I've had a couple of games with the second idea and they've both lasted at least a couple of years (one was 2 years and the other was 7 years).

I've just started the SAF Challenge and it's interesting so far. I got Leicester and it hasn't been easy so far but they are starting to improve heading into January.

All of that ideas are good for Rogerthealien96, but no-one see that this is posted in manager stories not the discussion section of the forum.

All of that ideas are good for Rogerthealien96, but no-one see that this is posted in manager stories not the discussion section of the forum.

No, I did. Had it not been the season, I would have jumped on it, but I was in a nice mood for once.